Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thursday and the CPU

I slept well last night and got my bare floors done early this morning since I was going to go to Bob's and wait for Casey who was going to come clean his kitchen and bathroom floors.

The maintenance people did not clean the dirt off those floors before they waxed them and Bob did not see how bad it looked until he cleaned them and they didn't look clean. Later he asked Rhonda , the manager, to have them redone and she would not. So he hired Casey to strip them and  clean them before he re-waxed them.  Casey came about 10:00 and Bob was at his senior center board meeting and so I went over to let Casey in the south door with all his equipment.

After Bob came back from his meeting, I went home and loaded up the CPU and all the bubble wrap and peanuts and a box and went to V & S Variety to see if they would have a box that that CPU would fit into with enough room around it to properly pack it. They did. It cost a lot more to ship it but I am determined to get it to Keith in one piece. Hopefully I will get this one back in one piece. I sent it UPS like I did with the laptop and when I got the laptop back from him last fall, it had been shipped USPS and the screen was broken and several keys were too. It was well packed with bubble wrap and peanuts but they managed to break it anyhow.  I am hoping for the best. I insured this package for $400.

I will probably wait for Bob's floors to be finished before I heat up the chili.  I don't know how long that will take. It could be all afternoon. Casey was going to put three coats of wax on those floors. I will see.

More later...

I heated up the chili and had a bowl of it. I texted Bob and he came over and ate one too and then I sent the rest of it home with him.

This afternoon, I went out to Walmart and bought some groceries. I was getting low on a lot of stuff. I also washed my car to get the bulk of the grime off of it. That salt, etc, is so rough on the paint. After I washed it, I ran it through the dryer too.  I bought a bunch of groceries and have them all put away now. The Reporter is due now.  It should be coming at any time.

So..more later...

The Reporter was late. It finally came but Bob did not. He stayed at his apartment building for a soup supper. That was fine. I was exhausted anyhow. In fact, I took my bath and went in and laid with Missy  on the sofa and watched TV until 8:00 and then I simply could not keep my eyes open any longer so Missy and I went on to bed.

No comments: