Monday, February 19, 2018

Monday and Rain

I slept until after 6:00 this morning. A nice warm cat lying right up against me seems to help a lot. :)

I have fed Missy and myself and am dressed and ready for the day.

I had a good discussion last night on facebook with my ex nephew, David, and one of his sons, Russell, on the term "Monopoly on the use of lethal force". It started with a post from me on the second amendment. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to bear arms, shall not be infringed." This was written before we had a standing army or police force, and used a militia to keep order in the nation.

Monopoly on the use of lethal force is one of the cornerstones that define a sovereign state. When military and police forces disperse that right, sovereignty and freedoms are curtailed or rendered ineffective. This is generally called "militarism'.  This means if you are not in the army or police, you have no right to bear arms.

An America where anyone can be, and often is, carrying a gun is an America where more police-civilian encounters escalate, with deadly consequences. We need a logical and reasonable solution to this dilemma before more schools and churches are riddled with bullets and more innocent people killed.

More about this later...

It is raining cats and dogs and there was even lots of water up on the carport. I will drive myself to exercises this morning. Bob is going to pick up his girlfriend and I have a couple of stops to make afterward.

More later....

I'm too late for the exercise class so I will just skip it this morning. I tried talking to Cox, my ISP, about another raise in their internet rates. My internet went up $8.49 in February. That makes just the internet $53.94 a month with their $10.00 a month service plan. I cancelled the TV around Thanks giving last year when they raised that last year and the two together were well over $116.

In March I intend to talk to the city electric company about enrolling me in their average payment plan. My electric bill this last month was almost $300.  We are all electric here in the four plex.

It's pouring down rain anyhow. I stepped out earlier and cleaned up the leaves on the carport. When I got back from the market, I had to  do it all over again. The rain must have blown out of the north all night because the entire carport is covered in water.

So, more later..

I went.to the market just now and bought the makings for soup and stew and also some veggies... some canned and some frozen.. I will eat one of my packaged meals tomorrow. I have my leftover cashew chicken from yesterday's meal at Great China. I will eat that today and tomorrow I will eat the lasagna I got from Walmart's with a veggie. Later today I will cut up the stew meat I just bought and make either soup or stew. I bought stew veggies today at the market. Either one will give me several meals.

Now I want to get back to my book....

I took my bath about 6:00 and then took my bath and put my PJs on and then watched "You've got Mail" on Amazon and then  I watched "Sleepless in Seattle". Missy and I went to bed at 9:00.
 

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Cashew chicken from a Chinese restaurant / LOL whenever I come over to visit you have me craving this, that or the other food :)

Margie's Musings said...

It was wonderful! And I ate the rest last night, Deb.