Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tuesday and More Rain

It must have rained all night. I awoke at 4:00 and got up then. I got myself ready for the day and fed myself and Missy. Then I read my book until 8:00 when I left for Independence. It was pouring down rain so I took an umbrella. I knew I might get soaked since I had five cakes to bring from the church's freezer to the trunk of my car. I backed up to the sidewalk and took my umbrella  in with me. I locked the church door open and brought all the cakes into the foyer and put them on the bench. Then, two at a time, I put them in the trunk of my car and re-locked the church. When I got to Independence, Barbara helped me carry them into the church there.

Then I went to get my hair done  When Kathy was finished, I started home. The rain resumed and I had to put my fastest windshield wipers on . By the time I reached the church, it had stopped again. I lucked out.

Now, about 11:30 I will put the lasagna in the microwave and open the green beans. I made cookies on Sunday afternoon so I will have cookies and pudding for dessert. It may rain the rest of the day so I plan to just read my book.

More later...

Juanita called about 10:45 to say she thought we needed to change the appointment  Thursday for her cardiologist in Bartlesville. We are forecast for rain the rest of the week. She is blind and it takes me some doing to just get her into the clinic. She would be soaked in the rain or a storm of any kind so I called Bluestem Cardiology and changed her appointment to March 1st at 2:30 in the afternoon. I hope the weather is clear by then. I called her back and gave her her new appointment  information.

I read all afternoon and later my daughter brought me a new vacuum cleaner.  It is a "non bag" canister vacuum and has a pet hair attachment.  That may help with the cat hair. It took me the better part of an hour to get it together. The handle did not want to snap into place. The instructions were not all that clear and it about defeated me. I got it done though. John and Leslie dropped by after they got finished with the accountant and checked out the vacuum and John tightened up the front door which was still leaking air....even after the maintenance man worked on it.. He has it tight now.

About 7:00 I took my bath and laid down with Missy to watch another episode of the American Stories by Ken Burns. This one was about the trek across America to reach the Pacific ocean. I ate some crackers and cheese for a supper snack. At 9:20, Missy and I went to bed.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

we actually have a rain free day today here in PA though it returns tomorrow

I liked the letter to the editor that you posted on my blog ...I already see a reader telling you "Bravo!" :)

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Deb.