Saturday, February 24, 2018

Saturday and a Busy Day

I awoke at 3:00 this morning and finally just got up at 4:00.  I dressed for the day and Bob picked me up for breakfast. I had breakfast with him and went out to church to run off the bulletins and make copies of the Church School lesson. Then I drove up to Chanute for Tony's funeral. I had never been to a Catholic funeral before and it was quite interesting. Afterward the ladies at the church served us lunch. It was a good lunch and I finally had an opportunity to visit with her youngest son, Steven . I had not seen him since he was about 12 years old.  He is 58 now...just turned 58. My Scott will be 58 in November. Steven looks much the same except he has a beard. It ages him but I didn't tell him that.

After lunch I came back home. It was very foggy on my way up there but when we were in the funeral service, it rained. It stopped about the time we had the lunch but I came on back home anyhow.

I was awake very early this morning and was tired.

When I got home, my Echo would not work. I tried to get it to turn on the lamp. It is programmed to do that. I unplugged it three times and tried each time to get it to turn on the lamp but got no response after the initial "Hello". Finally after 10 or 15 minutes, it finally responded again. It turned the lamp on and also I got it to play music again. So I don't know what's going on with it but at least it is working now again. I plugged it in the lamp table the last time. It has a straight line to the router there.

This evening I will try to download "The Post" on my Amazon Prime. I would like to see it again. I hope it is available.

More later...

I tried to order "The Post"  from Amazon but it would have to have been pre-ordered  at this time. I will try again later. Instead, I watched a biography of Elizabeth Taylor. It was o.k. and I found it on American Experience on Amazon.

After Missy and I watched that, at 9:00, we went to bed.

No comments: