Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Tuesday and a New Hairdresser

I slept pretty well last night and didn't get up until 5:00AM. So I feel better today. The only thing I have going today is that hair appointment this afternoon at 3:00PM.  Toni says she will try to eventually get me a standing appointment in the early morning.

I have nothing going tomorrow at all except for exercise class and game day.

I have got myself ready for the day and we have both had our breakfasts. I guess I am ready for the day.

I am watching the news now. Strange, I have good reception with the antenna in the mornings but hardly any reception in the evening.  Luckily, I can watch today's CBS evening news the morning after on Amazon Prime.

I am a little apprehensive about the new hairdresser. They usually want to give me a fancy  hairdo. I am not a "fancy" person. I like it to be clean but still simple.

It is just 68 degrees out so I took Missy out but she began hissing and spitting almost immediately. Then I saw a large stray cat across the street so I brought her back in. When he is gone, I will try again. I will still need to water my plants.

I managed to get her out and he was gone so I watered my flowers and deadheaded the petunias. But we're back in now.

I am hoping to see the CBS news while the picture is stable.

We need to carefully vet this nominee. Judge Kavanaugh was directly involved in some of the most politically charged moments of our recent history. The Senate owes the American people an unsparing examination of his nomination, which could affect their lives for a generation. We should urge Senate Republicans to live up to the bipartisan standard of transparency we set for Justice Kagan and demand his full record. That means all of it. This should be interesting.

I searched the apartment for my calculator but never did find it. I can't imagine what I did with it. I have looked everywhere. 

I went up to Independence and balanced Juanita's checkbook.I used the calculator on my smart phone.Then I came back home and microwaved a meatloaf dish for my lunch. At about 2:45, I will go to the beauty shop. My appointment is at 3:00PM.

Afterward...

I was happy with my new hairdresser. She did it just like I like it....nothing fancy just neat.

I called Nancy and she had been to the doctor at Labette Health clinic. They did a battery of tests but she doesn't know anything yet...until her tests are back. Then they will send the results to her nurse practitioner over at Caney. Why they would do that is beyond me. Whatever they learn, she will have to see a doctor for any treatment.

More even later...

Missy and I watched some Amazon Prime this evening after the Schwan's man came before going on to bed at 9:00PM. 


4 comments:

marlu said...

So nice that they will be bringing him before the committee for a hearing. I have read some of the stuff he has written. Not impressed at all. (My first remark was very sarcastic - sorry!)

Margie's Musings said...

I understand and agree, Marlu

pat m said...

if the NP is her primary then are test results would go to her.

Margie's Musings said...

That appears to be so, Pat.