Monday, August 27, 2018

Monday and A Doctor's Appointment

I slept until after 1:00 AM and then could not get back to sleep. Finally, sometime before 2:00AM, I got up and took some more Zzzquil.  That got me back to sleep until almost 5:00AM. Then I got up and dressed and got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself.

I went to exercise class and left a little early because I had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Gillis. He pronounced me in great shape for someone my age.  I only take a blood pressure tablet and my thyroid tablet. My blood pressure was 136/80 and I exercise regularly, watch my weight and above all, keep moving.  I know once we stop moving and start just sitting around, we will no longer be able to move. My grandmother was 82 when she died and still walked 10 blocks north from Willow Street to 11th street and then 7 blocks more to Washita street to church. Then she walked home. She also walked to a market a half mile away and back with her little grocery cart.

I also do a lot of bending down to take care of my flowerbeds.  If it weren't for my rotater cuff,  I wouldn't have a complaint. Oh yes, and my inability to sleep through the night is a complaint too.  He suggested I use melatonin That sometimes works.

I ate some of my leftover roast from yesterday's church dinner and the potatoes and green beans for lunch. Then I had one of my ice cream bars for desert.

Missy has been in on my bed all morning....sleeping. She sleeps an awful lot lately.

More later...I read in the afternoon and later tried to take Missy out again...but it was just too hot.

At 7:00, I took my bath and watched Amazon TV until 9:00. Missy joined me for the last episode. Later after I went to bed, she came in and joined me to go to sleep.

No comments: