Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sunday and Church and a Basket Dinner.

I slept well last night until 1:30AM when I got up to go to the bathroom and take my med.  Then I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and took a dose of Zzzquil.  Then I slept until 5:00AM. I got up, dressed and fed myself and Missy.

After I had my oatmeal, I put my roast in the slow cooker and added the potatoes onion and onion soup mix. . Later, I will add the green beans.  Now I need to bake my coffee cake. So I will get back to this later...

I got the coffeecake baked and iced after it cooled. This is going to be a hot day...Summer is back upon us.

At 8:45AM , I went to pick up Bob and then Phyllis. We all had something to add to the basket dinner.

Unfortunately after the Sunday School class was over.... our guest speaker didn't show up. Melissa got his phone number from Vivian, our mission center president and only got his voice mail. Then she got his mom's number from Vivian and called her. He had forgotten to put it on his calendar and was over at Pittsburg, Kansas. So Melissa decided to "wing it".  She did fine!

Afterward we had a fine basket dinner and some great fellowship.  Melissa, Carmen and I did the dishes. Phyllis helped. Everyone pitched in.

I got home shortly after 1:30PM  and got the newsletter finished and out on the mailbox to be picked up tomorrow.  Now I am exhausted. I took Missy out on the patio while I deadheaded the flowers and we both were way too hot. I didn't have much trouble getting her to come back in the apartment. It's 92 degrees out there. She is in on my cool bed now....sleeping. I was going to watch the PGA golf tournament but the TV is tearing. If I watch it, I will have to stream it to my notebook.

It's 2:35PM  now and I am very tired.

So, more later... I am going to wash my filthy car.  Hopefully, the rain is over.

It rained some more so I did not get my car washed.   I just stayed home and took Missy out some more.

She is acting so strange. She sleeps all night and all day too.

She did come in after I took my bath tonight and watched Perry Mason shows with me. We went to bed at 9:30.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Did you get whatever was ailing your car fixed?

Margie's Musings said...

No, it never did it while it was at the garage and they couldn't diagnose it because of that. Next time it happens, I am to call them and a mechanic will come out and see what it is.