Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Wednesday and a Trip Out of Town

I slept well last night. I took melatonin again and it seemed to work. It's a natural drug our bodies produces. The blue light from our TVs, computers and cell phones tends to destroy it.  It helps our sleep if we buy some to take before we go to bed. It's cheap and it usually works.

I got up shortly before 5:00. as usual. I fed myself and Missy and am having my Chai right now. When it gets light, I will try to take Missy out for  awhile. She enjoys the outside so much.

For some reason, I have a better picture on my TV this morning. It seldom tears. I don't know why because yesterday it was impossible to watch and I had to watch the news on my computer by streaming and for some reason that wasn't perfect either. It might have been weather related.

I intend to skip exercises this morning. I want to drive over to see Nancy after she has a chance to get up and around. I talked to her briefly yesterday but David, her son, was still there and they were just getting ready to take care of some business. She asked me to come over today. I also want to go down to Bartlesville and buy some new communion cups for church at that religious bookstore in the mall.

I have already sent out the reminder for our ministerial alliance meeting next week and hope to get some responses today or at least before Monday.

More later....

I called Nancy at 10:00 or so and asked her when she wanted me to come.  David was still there and she had quite a bit to take care of even after he left. She asked me to come tomorrow instead. So I will go over on Thursday instead.

I went to Eggberts at noon and had their small chicken fried chicken. Actually I thought I was getting their small  chicken friend steak but I guess she was anticipating me saying "chicken" and ordered that instead. It was good but I sure had my mouth ready for that chicken fried steak.

I did go ahead after lunch and go to Bartlesville to get the communion cups. We are on the last tube of those and will need them in the future.  Bob is going to bring the bread on Sunday and I looked and we have the grape juice in the frig out there. I took the new box of communion cups on out to the church before I came on home. So far I have six coming to the meeting on the 6th of September. But I just sent out the reminder this morning...early.

At suppertime, I couldn't think of a thing I wanted to eat so I went up to Sonic and had a small banana milk shake.  Ten I came home and watched the news on the computer. Later, I took my bath and Missy and I watched  Amazon Prime on the TV. At 9:00 we went to bed. I took a melatonin tablet before I went to bed. Missy soon followed me to bed.

No comments: