Saturday, September 1, 2018

Saturday and a Good Night's Sleep

I slept well last night ....thank goodness. I took my last melatonin tablet in the middle of the night. I will need to get some more today since they usually work. When I took my thyroid tablet, I took an Aleve too. My rotater cuff is not bothering me much this morning thanks to that miracle pill. Of course, if we abuse those we would develop a hole in the stomach or worse yet, damage to kidneys or liver. I take pain killers only as the last resort. Mostly I just put up with the pain.

Missy is patiently waiting for daylight so we can go outside. Poor old kitty. We went out yesterday in the early morning but couldn't go out later. It was way too hot for my 15 year old cat.

I will try to get some cleaning done this morning  At noon I will go to lunch at the senior center with Bob's family. I want to see his eldest daughter, Diana.

I see my TV picture is still tearing this morning. I hope Keith can do something about it when he comes Thanksgiving. Thank goodness I have my Amazon Prime. They took out my renewal this week. It has gone up to $119.. Last year it was $99. But at $119. a year,  it is still a bargain. With Cox, I was paying that every month for TV not worth half that. Programming anymore is just terrible.  The "comedy" is not funny...just stupid. There is way too much violence. Our world has become too violent without having to watch it on TV. I watch TV to be entertained and for the news. If worse comes to worse, I can stream the news to my computer.

More later....

I tried to watch TV and once again the picture was tearing. I had had real good TV until after the terrible wind storm last Spring. I thought it was possible the wind had moved that antenna in the attic so since I had nothing to lose by moving the antenna, I tried for fifteen minutes to adjust it to try to get a picture. It was better but still nothing I could watch. So I gave up.

I went over to Dollar General  and bought the few grocery items I needed. Then closer to noon I went to Braum's and got the ice for the Avery family gathering at the senior center.  They were quite busy but I wanted freshly ground ice because those in their freezer were frozen solid. So I let a lady in front of me in the line. She had been cooking her lunch eal and discovered she had no grated cheese. She protested but I explained I was waiting to get freshly ground ice and she then went ahead and bought her cheese. When my ground ice finally came and I was about to pay for it, the clerk told me that lady had paid for my ice. Wasn't that nice of her!

Anyhow, I went on to the dinner. I had a nice visit with Bob's family. They were all there except David,, who lives in Rogers, Arkansas.
.
I got home after 3:30 and Missy was still sleeping on my bed. Later that evening, I had a bowl of ice cream and even later I took  y bath and laid down on the sofa to watch Amazon Prime. That had a fine picture.

Missy came in and joined me for Perry Mason and at 9:45, we went on to bed. I took a allergy pill before bed since I was out of melatonin. and forgot to get it.


No comments: