Thursday, September 13, 2018

Thursday and Breakfast Out

I slept until almost 6:00 this morning. I didn't wake up in the middle of the night until 3:45 so when I took my med and my melatonin tablet, that helped me sleep later then usual.

Bob texted me that he was going to breakfast in 10 minutes and I texted him back that I would be ready in 15 minutes. Then I flew around and got my clothes on (after I had made the bed) and threw on my face 😉 and gave Missy her treats and was ready when he honked. Whew! I had never got myself around so fast. We had breakfast from the small menu at Eggberts and it was pretty good. Joanne's girls are there with her so she couldn't go with him.

I still need to go to the bank and get some money for the week. I didn't go last night.

I should get the new Bob Woodward book "Fear!"  in today's mail. ...tomorrow at the latest. I notice Rudy Taylor, at the Chronicle, does not approve of Woodward keeping his sources quiet. I saw a Woodward interview this past week and he said the Nixon resignation wouldn't have happened without "Deep Throat" and his help. It was absolutely necessary to getting the tips Deep Throat provided. Rudy has never had to deal with such a serious situation.

More later...I need to go to the bank.

I went to the bank and got the money I needed for the week and then went on to Independence to have my lunch and got over to Juanita;s to take her to the doctor.

I went to Eggbert's to have my regular chicken salad. The young waitress didn't listen to me and brought me the wrong thing, When I went to pay the bill, she charged me for the more expensive meal and I had only eaten the part I had actually ordered. Needless to say, I did not leave a tip.

Then I went over to Juanita's and learned that she was not going to her doctor's appointment. She had awoken and found that her macular degeneration had worsened and she could barely see anything at all.  She has to make the decision of whether to move to Chicago to live with her son and his wife. I stayed a couple of hours and visited with her until about 3:00 when she wanted me to go out to Sonic and buy her (and myself) a banana milk shake. I did that, brought in her mail and finally about 4:00PM, went on home.

When I got home, my book had come from Amazon. I began to read it until time to take my bath and get my PJs on and Missy and I watched some Amazon Prime TV until 9:30, when we went to bed. It was a strange day.

No comments: