Monday, October 8, 2018

Monday and Up At 4:00AM

I slept well last night until 3:45 when I finally awoke and took my med. It was too late to take the melatonin by then. I lay there for 15 minutes and then just decided to get up. I have made my bed and got myself around for the day but I believe I will tear the bed down and wash the sheets today. Since Darrell called last night and canceled the carpet cleaning because of his gout, I have nothing else on the agenda today.

I have fed Missy and she seems happy enough. She has followed me around the apartment and is lying here beside me on the floor.

I'm not sure what I will have for breakfast. I have one piece of coffee cake left from yesterday's church school class. I also have some breakfast bars I bought at Walmart last week. I have used a few of them for a snack this past week. I have oatmeal but no milk. I don't get my social security until Wednesday and I just have enough cash to pay for my hair tomorrow. I need to get Missy some more litter sometime soon.  I have been charging groceries and gas on my credit card.

I had better get my own breakfast together. I didn't eat anything for supper last night and I took an Aleve this morning. I must have lain on my right side sometime last night. The arm was sore again this morning.

So, more later...I will go watch last night's 60 Minutes news on my Amazon Prime and eat something.

And that's what I did. I had both a breakfast bar and the rest of the coffeecake and I also had some cranberry/grape juice, a cup of coffee and a cup of Chai Latte.. a fine breakfast.

It's still dark out at 6:40AM and Missy is in on my bed napping. Until I can get her off, I can't wash the sheets. I have all day so I won't move her.

More even later...

Missy got off the bed and I washed my sheets and dried them and then put them back on the bed.

Bob A. came over and we looked at my tires. he suggested I take the car I went over to Gary's and asked him to take a look at my tires. I think I need some before winter.  He looked them over and came to the same conclusion. I came back home and called Walmart and got an estimate and then told Leslie about it and asked her for advice. I have only bought tires once before and that was for the  little green Civic I sold to Denise.  Independence's Walmart's were Goodyear Assurance and they would run $464.20 with the lifetime warranty and balance. She suggested I call Tate Boys in Bartlesville. That's where they get theirs. I did that and they gave me a really good deal. Theirs are Firestone Champions and they offered me just as good a deal as Walmart's. Their promotion price until November 5th is $533.79 and if I use their interest free credit, I would get a $100.00 rebate. That would be $433.78. That's $30. cheaper then Walmart too. That includes a lifetime warranty and balancing. I told Leslie about that deal and she said she would make the payments! I had not intended for her to do that but she said I was having to cut my money too close and she would be more comfortable making the payments. We will go down to Bartlesville on Monday next week at 10:00AM to get the tires on and eat at McCallister's across the street from the Tate Boys Service.

My kids! The are so good to me! She said John was working on putting together the TV antenna pole the kids are going to put up for me when Keith and Esther are here in November. They will attach it to the side of the roof like Bob and I did when we lived out on 2nd street in the 80's.

I called 811 to find out where the utility line are located. They are to give me a ticket number and we have ten days to get the digging done.  I went to Dollar General and bought some white spray paint to mark the hole location then I went out and sprayed an X where John had marked it.

More later...It's almost 7:00PM now and I should take my bath and watch Amazon Prime TV with Missy. I may still go to bed at 9:00 even though I had a nap this afternoon.




No comments: