Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday and Home Again

Leslie and John and I got home yesterday afternoon from our Phoenix trip and I was very tired. I unpacked and put everything away and then Missy wanted to go outside while it was a nice day. I swept off the carport. It was covered with leaves. Later about 7:00PM or so, I took my bath and watched TV until 9:30PM. I did fall asleep on the sofa with a nice warm cat on my lap and an afghan over me.  I went to bed about 9:30PM.  I slept pretty well until 3:00AM or so and when I couldn't get back to sleep, I just got up close to 4:00AM. I had a cup of coffee and a cup of Chai Latte and then got hold of Bob Avery and asked him to go to Eggberts for breakfast with me.

I will go to Walmart after awhile and buy some groceries. I don't have much in the house. I also have the coffeecake at church for the church school class.  I am thawing my stew meat for the lunch on Tuesday when Keith and Esther get here. I will get some biscuits to serve with the stew.

I want to get Scott's birthday gift and card in the mail early too. I hope he will wait until his birthday on the 29th to open it. I need to get a card for Christina's birthday too. Hers is the 26th.

I cleaned under the bed this morning and found a lot of dust against the north wall. I'd like to move my bed against the east wall but I know I shouldn't try that.

I will go out to Walmart early and try to miss the crowd. More later...

 Image may contain: 3 people, including Leslie Brooks and Margie Miller, people smiling, people sitting and table
This is a photo of Esther (on the far left), Leslie, (in the middle) and me on the right. We were having Chai in Sadona.

I did go out to Walmart and stocked up on food. I will fix stew and biscuits for Tuesday's meal and we will go to John and Leslie's home on Wednesday. Then Thursday we will all go to "Just Us" in Cherryvale for Thanksgiving dinner. I called today to confirm our noon reservation for nine.

I also took Scott's birthday gift to the post office and mailed it off. They think he will get it on Monday. That will be a surprise if it happens. I do have the tracking number if it's lost.

This afternoon I will do some laundry and dusting. I also took Missy out a couple of times. Needless to say, she was delighted about that. At 6:00PM we watched the news and later watched our Amazon Prime TV until bedtime.   We went to bed about 9:00PM or so.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you made it safely home!

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Sister-Three! It was good to be back home. I had a great visit but home is always welcome.