Thursday, January 31, 2019

Thursday and a Bathroom Wall Repair

I slept pretty well last night. I got up shortly before 5:00AM and got myself ready for the day.  I had my oatmeal for breakfast and juice and coffee and then my Chai latte. Then I watched the news on channel 6 again.

Finally, after I did my few dishes, I came in here in the den to blog.

Suzanne and Steve will be here this afternoon to repair that damage on the bathroom wall caused by us trying to put up a bracket for the valence in there. They will put spackling compound on it first and when that is dry they will repaint that area. Next time Cyndi and Leslie come, they will hang that valance using Command hanging strips.

I will stay home today. It is very cold again. I have hung everything I could find a place for and put away the decorative accessories I could not find a place for. I stored them in the storage closet.

My brother-in-law, Bob came over and brought back the computer I had given him ..the one Scott gave me several years ago when I was visiting them in Florida. Bob decided he would rather have TV then the internet and was having problems with the internet anyhow, so he brought me back the Dell Inspiron computer he had been using,

I spent the evening converting it over to my stuff and getting the bookmarks back on the top of the screen so I could use it myself. Cox had a problem with their e mail so it was evening before they got that straightened out. The notebook was using the router that they put with the TV so I could get my Amazon Prime.    The other two computers were using the USB wireless adapter router for the den room. I finally got that worked out and everything working.  That took awhile.

More later...

It has been very cold today so sure enough I have stayed in the apartment. I had a frozen meal for lunch and afterward, Steve and Suzanne came and Steve patched the wall again and left the paint so we could touch it up after it dries. He also cut that dish wire that had pulled down the guttering.

They are gone now.

I finished the crossword puzzle and took the paper over to my neighbor, Alice. It is 2:00PM and still very cold.

I will get back to this later....

The doorbell just rang and when I went to answer it was the delivery of the blind for the den window. I don't know when Leslie will be able to come hang it since she is on call next weekend. It is lighter then the one on Morgan Street but I believe it will blend fine with the valance.

More even later...

Suzanne called me this evening with some welcome news. I have been asked just to tell Leslie my daughter, about it so I will do that when I hear from her.

I have had my bath and am ready for  bed at 9:00PM but it's just now 8:10PM so I have a while.

More later....

I did stay up until after 9:00PM and when I went on to bed I slept well.

No comments: