Friday, February 1, 2019

Friday and Another New Day in the New Apartment.

I slept well last night. I finally got up in the night and put a quilt over my legs. That helped a lot. My neighbor, Alice, told me she sets her thermostat on 72 and I tried to do that too. That's a little cold for me but I put on a long sleeved shirt this morning as well as jeans and a vest. I am comfortable now. I have had my breakfast and coffee and watched the news.

I intend to stay home again this morning. It is still just 39 degrees here. It is supposed to get up to 50 degrees today but seeing is believing. I may put the hardware back on these three pictures and see if I can drill into the cement board to hang them here in the den.

I talked to Nancy this morning and she is still feeling a little punk. She has been sick off and on for weeks but will not go to the doctor. I have offered to take her but you can't force people to do something they don't want to do. She said if she gets to feeling better, she will come over to see what all I have done.

More later....I had better get with it.

I got quite a bit done today. I had some chicken pot pies and so I fixed one of them for my lunch. I also wrote two thank you letters for classmates' contributions to the expense of the class newsletter and one to a former neighbor who wrote and said they missed me.

Then I sanded that place in the bathroom where Steve put some patching compound yesterday. It was completely dry by this time. Then I stirred up the paint and painted over it. I cleaned up my mess and put the paint brush in the plastic bag Steve left me for that purpose. I wrapped the paint stirrer in a plastic bag and threw it away. Then I put the paint back where he left it along with that brush I cleaned out and the thing I sanded with. Hopefully I sanded it enough. One less project for Leslie to do. I don't know when she will find the time to hang that blind. She is on call this weekend.

It's 3:00PM now. I may try to read awhile. 

I read the book that Karan loaned me for a couple of hours. At 6:00PM or so I ate my yogurt and an ice cream bar and watch some Amazon Prime until 8:00PM. I had fallen asleep on the sofa again so I just got up and went on to bed. I was very tired.  




No comments: