Saturday, February 2, 2019

Saturday and No Plan

I slept well and did not get cold. I was prepared to put the quilt back over my legs but that was not needed.

I got word from the blog people that the blogs would be shut down by April.  I hate that. I will lose all my blogs.

I got up shortly after 5:00AM and dressed and got ready for the day. I may go to the library this morning and make sure my Coffeyville library card will work here in Caney.

I have had my breakfast and my Chai Latte and coffee. I am watching the weather channel since this is Groundhog Day.

All I have left to do here at the apartment is help Leslie hang that bamboo blind and the metal sculpture Mr. Seaton had bought for my office at KGGF. Then, as soon as I see how the money is going to go, I will order a Roman blind for the bedroom. Next I will order one for the dining room and last of all, two for the living room.

More later....

Nancy came by after calling first and wanted to go out to Eggbert's for breakfast. She picked me up. I had an order of toast because I had had my usual oatmeal earlier in the morning.  We had a nice visit. She left me to go home and write some letters and I got around and went to the library.

Sure enough, my Coffeyville library card is fine for here too. I checked out two books and spent the afternoon reading one of them..."The Racketeer" by John Grisham. ...as usual, a good read. By 5:00PM, I had finished it. Tomorrow is church and afterward we will have lunch somewhere.  Tomorrow afternoon is the Superbowl and I will watch that.

In about an hour I will take my bath and watch TV for awhile....at least Amazon Prime.

Then at 900PM, I will go to bed.

4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I keep hearing things about the blog shut down, but have been unable to find anything official about it. Did they email you to let you know? I haven't posted on mine for a long time, but had been planning to start posting again. I sure hope there will be another way to blog that doesn't cost a lot of money or is too technical. I would miss reading all of the blogger and blogspot blogs.

Galla Creek said...

I got an email and my blog was suspended. I appealed and they let me have it back. But don’t know when they will decide again to shut it down. Powerless to do anything about it. I have posted since 2006.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, Susie, I did hear from google and they are going to shut down the blog. I too have posted since 2006 and will hate to lose the blog. They say it is going away April 2, 2019.

Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

FYI: Blogger is not shutting down. It's Google + that's shutting down in April. Your blog will be fine.