Monday, February 25, 2019

Monday and a PC Problem

I got up early this morning to hunt for my iron. I have ordered a valance for the dining room window and it is supposed to be here today. I found the iron and went into the den to check my e mail. The desktop pc had some sort of problem and needed to reboot itself to fix it. After it rebooted, it could no longer get on the internet. It took two more reboots for it to find the internet through that USB wireless connector and I was worried I would no longer have access to the internet where I could print off  material.  But after the second reboot, the computer finally found the USB adapter....thank goodness! It seems it's always something with computers.

More later...

I slept well again although I woke up earlier then usual...but of course, I had gone to bed at 8:00PM. I was very tired.

I have dressed but because of the problem with this computer and the internet connection, I have not yet had my breakfast.  I'd better get that together now. So, more even later...

I've had my breakfast and watched the weather channel for awhile. I tried to remove the sticker residue from my Keurig water tank but it wouldn't come off. I tried nail polish remover and even tried to sand it off...but no luck. I guess I am stuck with it. I guess I could order a new water tank but I hate to spend the money. I still don't know what my electric bill and the water bill will be. I have paid Atmos Energy, which was my gas bill for the first two or three weeks, but the other two have not arrived yet. I still need the City of Caney, which is the water and trash, and Westar Energy which is the electric bill.  I want to hold on to as much money as possible to be sure to have enough for those two.

More even later...

My valance came in the morning's mail.  I took the rod I bought at Dollar General out of the package and made it larger to fit the valance. Hopefully I will see Leslie tomorrow afternoon and she will hang it for me. Then I believe I will go ahead and order the other three. Maybe I can get those hung. I hate to ask Leslie to come again. She has so little spare time.

I went to Dollar General to buy breakfast bars and then I read for the rest of the afternoon and finished all my books...even the one Nancy loaned me. I talked to her this morning and she is sick to her stomach again. I couldn't talk her into letting me take her to the emergency room though.

I stopped by Joyce McDaniels' home and visited with her briefly through the door. She was ill...fighting off either a cold or the flu, and was still in her night clothes.

I took the books back to the library and then went by the car wash and washed the filth off my car.

I heard from Dean this afternoon and he still plans to come back to check on his farm when the weather gets nicer and then we will go to Bartlesville and have dinner and have a good visit.

I have nothing planned for this evening but in the morning I will go to Coffeyville to the bank and to have breakfast with Bob and get my hair done. I want to do some laundry tomorrow sometime too. I need to change my bed and wash my pjs and the towels.

I dusted the furniture this afternoon. I need to check out the furnace and see where the filters go and change the one that is in there now.

More later...

Strange...the filter goes in the air intake area. I took the filter out and looked at it but it appeared clean. However there was  a lot of dirt/dust in the area behind the filter. I got out the vacuum and cleaned it. Then I put the filter back.

I watched TV until a little after 8:00PM, when I took my bath and went to bed.

No comments: