Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Wednesday and a Sleepless Night

I had a bad night again last night. The problem was stewing about the curtain rods. The large one shouldn't be a problem but the two smaller ones may be just a tad too short for these windows. They are to measure 48 inches and they are JUST 48 inches. I think I will go ahead and get them and the Command strips and get the rods hung because the valances won't be here until Friday. At least I can tell if the rods are going to fit at all. We ordered the crimson valance for the living room..just like the dining room...and a beige one for the bedroom. That should blend nicely with the coverlet. The bedroom window is also 48 inches wide. The living room has a double window like the dining room at 84 inches and also a smaller one like the bedroom....48 inches.

I can't help stewing about those curtain rods. I am a worrier...although I don't want to be.  I don't know what I can do about it. I got up twice to go to the bathroom last night and the second time I took my melatonin tablet.  Then I slept for another hour pretty well. I should have taken it earlier.

I will go to Dollar General again this morning and also to the library when it opens. I will get some more books since the weather is forecast to turn bad again. It's fine now but by noon it is supposed to drizzle freezing rain. That may kill my trip back to Coffeyville. I don't want to take my car out on freezing roads. So I may read instead.

More later....

I did go to Dollar General and buy two curtain rods. They did not have the third one I needed.  I plan to go to game day in Coffeyville this afternoon and will stop at their Dollar General and see if they have one like I need.  I installed the two I was able to buy here. Now when the valances arrive, I will just put them on the rods. I hope the Coffeyville Dollar General has the one rod I need.

I have been watching the Michael Cohen  hearing at congress.  The man appears to been genuinely sincere. He has nothing to gain by not being  honest now. He is still going to prison and he has cleared his conscious and seems genuinely contrite. He seems quite candid. 

More even later...

It was misting freezing mist when I was ready to go to Coffeyville for game day. I baked a dozen peanut butter criss cross cookies to take too. I drove carefully but I did go. I stopped at the Dollar General store there and found another of the smaller curtain rods.  I bought that and some cat food...for that little kitty I have been feeding.  I played Skip Bo from 1:00PM until 3:00PM and then came on back home and put up the last curtain rod. I hope it stays up. I pressed on it for 10 seconds and will not put any of the valances on them until Friday when they finally come. Surely they will hold o.k. after waiting all that time to add the valances.

The Amazon coffee came today too. The package was next to the front door out of the weather. 

I will turn on the TV although I should go to the library and get some more books if this weather is going to be bad. They are open until 6:00PM this evening.

More even later....

I ended up going to the library and getting another book. I spent the evening reading until 7:00PM when I took my bath and put my pjs on. Then I read until 9:00PM when I finally went on to bed.

No comments: