Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Tuesday and Hair Day

I got up early again this morning and stripped my bed. I did the laundry and now it is in the dryer.  I only do laundry about once a week.

I will leave about 8:15 or so to go to the bank in Coffeyville .  It is 5:45AM now. After breakfast I will go get my hair done and then come on back here. I don't need anything from the market this time except dryer sheets and I can get them at Dollar General here in Caney.

Leslie will be coming sometime after noon to help me put up my curtain rod and valance. After I see how that looks, I will order the ones for the bedroom next and finally the ones for the living room. All in all I should have about a $60.00 investment instead of $1200. I believe that will be fine. I will take some photos after I get them all up and post them here. I want to get her opinion about what colors to order next. She has a flair for decorating.

After the dryer finishes, I will get the bed remade and my breakfast eaten before I leave for Coffeyville.

I had forgotten! Bob has a 9:00AM appointment with Toyota. They are installing a new sun visor on his Toyota this morning. So I will just have my oatmeal and leave for Coffeyville at 8:15AM instead of 7:15AM. I do still need to go to the bank and get my cash for the week.

More later...

I got my bed remade after the dryer stopped and I have all the dry laundry put away too.  The apartment is clean and I still have an hour and a half to watch the weather and news before I leave.

I do need to get my oatmeal cooked though so I will get back to this later...

I ate my oatmeal and left at 8:15AM for Coffeyville.

I first went to the bank for my week's cash and then to the beauty shop for my appointment.    After that I went out to the Woodshed and bought gas. It was five cents a gallon cheaper then Caney or Coffeyville. Then I went out to Walmart and bought several things I needed. I looked to see what sort of valances they had. They had nothing in plain colors... just patterned ones I wouldn't have.

Then I dropped by the nail place..intending to get my pedicure but I waited 15 minutes past their opening time and they never opened so I just came on home without it.

I have been watching Dateline ever since I got home. I didn't get any more books yesterday. I was kind of burned out with reading.

I ate some more of my roast beef and then put some more of it out on a napkin in the yard for that little starving kitty that I saw day before yesterday. He/she ate it all yesterday so I put some more out today. I hope he/she finds it.

More later...

Well he/she found the food and ate it all. I hope that will help that kitten survive.

Leslie came this afternoon and we got the valance hung and it looks very nice. I ordered a set of the burgundy ones for the living room and a beige one for the bedroom. They should be here on Friday. The problem I have now is the Dollar General store only has one rod large enough for my windows. I will need the long expandable rods for all three windows because the small ones are too large for the smaller rods. And our weather is forecast for bad weather until Thursday afternoon. I had hoped to go to game day on Wednesday afternoon and while there get those rods at their Dollar general store. But the roads will be treacherous on Wednesday. I had hoped to go to Coffeyville Dollar General store and get the rods to put up the valances on Friday. That may not happen because of the bad weather..

This is the one we hung today.
 Image may contain: indoor

More later...

I watched TV and played solitaire all evening until 7:00PM when I took my bath.  At 8:00PM, I could not stay awake any longer and just went on to bed.


1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your new burgundy valance looks real nice. I hope the kitty survives. I bet it was happily surprised to find roast beef to eat. A small kitty would have a hard time surviving in our neighborhood. We have a big red tailed hawk and some other dark gray or black and white kind of big hawk taking turns at the territory in our yards right now. All of the jay birds always tattle that there is a hawk nearby when those hawks come around and all of the birds and squirrels go hide until the hawks finally go away. I don't think a young kitty would have sense to run and hide.