Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thursday and A Good Night's Sleep

It's amazing the good sleep I get when I read in the evening instead of watching TV.

I awoke a couple of times and went to the bathroom and took my med but I got right back to sleep and slept until 5:00AM, my regular time to get up.

I am so glad I got all the curtain rods up and ready for the valances. They should be here tomorrow from Amazon and maybe today. If and when they come, I will put them up. I am so pleased with the result of the dining room window.

I now have something to read the rest of today. I talked to Nancy last evening and if she still feels good, we will go to breakfast later on this morning. I am to call her at 9:00AM and check that out. I wish she would go to the doctor and find out what is the matter with her. She has bouts of vomiting and diarrhea. That is simply not normal. Something is wrong and I have offered to take her to either emergency room but she is evidently in denial and does not really want to know what it is.  She knows she should go but won't agree to it.

My Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare supplement came out of my bank account today. That is $289 and that is always a chunk. Luckily I have not spent a lot of money this month....outside of the valances and curtain rods. I owe the valances and a box of 40 coffees on my Amazon card. I have paid for the curtain rods. Bob will take half the coffee when I see him.

I still have not received the electric bill or the water/trash bill for this month. So that will come out too. ..if it ever comes. I need to ask Alice, my neighbor, when she receives hers. Nancy had hers a couple of weeks ago and I have been watching for mine ever since.

More later....I will go watch the news.

At 9:00AM, I called Nancy and asked her if she was still up for breakfast..and she was.  I picked her up and we went out to Eggberts for a sausage and cheese omelet and  a biscuit and fruit. Karen came along later after visiting with friends and sat with us and visited. We stayed for a long time and then Nancy and I came back to the apartment. She wanted to see the dining room valance.  She stayed until noon and then I took her home. I picked up my library book and returned it. Then I checked out two more books. If the weather turns bad, I may have to read for a couple of days.

So far, I am not impressed with this book. It is 3:20PM now.So more later...

As usual, the book got more interesting as I got further into it. I read until 7:00PM, took my bath amd the at 9:00PM and went on to bed.

No comments: