Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning Day

I slept well again last night and got up shortly before 5:00AM. I have had my breakfast and dressed for the day. I had better enjoy today because tomorrow we are to have a wintry mix of rain and ice and snow and 20 degree weather. Today it is to be in the 70s. The weather is very sporadic these days..

I had planned to clean today but may wait and do it tomorrow when the weather will be terrible.

I updated the address book on this computer. I am using it more since I got it from Bob. I hope I got all those in the congregation.

I started another book last night but am not too impressed with it. It is called "Calico Joe" and is another Gresham book.

More later...

I went out to Dollar General and bought another birthday card for Cheyenne...this one is from the congregation. I have it out on my mailbox with the flag up.  The postman should be around in 40-45 minutes.

I went to city hall this morning and got the form to fill out to register to vote and filled it out and put it in the mail.

I also called Nancy and, sure enough, she is sick to her stomach again. I have tried to encourage her to let me take her to the doctor but she is evidently in denial and does not want to know what the problem is. You can't force someone to go to the doctor if they are determined not to go.

I am considering what to eat for lunch. I was going to eat out if Nancy was willing but now I may just open a can of soup.  I should go ahead and vacuum today too. I usually do that on Thursdays. Tomorrow is forecast for bad weather and I could just wait and do my cleaning tomorrow since I will not be going anywhere then.

More later....

I didn't have any lunch. Instead, I went by Nancy's and discovered she was better although she was still in her night clothes. She gave me some tomatoes that Sandy had brought her.  She had plenty. She also gave me an orange and some bananas. The Dollar General doesn't carry fruit or produce so the city orders that from another source. They plan to put in a city owned market here this year.

While we were visiting, Schwan's called me. They were at my apartment but were not supposed to be there until after 5:00PM.  I mentioned that and also that Nancy had been one of their customers but she had not seen them in months. She gave me permission to give them her address and they said they would come right over. They did that and she ordered several things. Then they delivered my order and I paid them for that. Since it was ice cream bars, I came on back home and put them in the freezer.

They have a new salesman and his name is Dalton.  He lives in Coffeyville.

After I got back home, I watched some TV and later took my bath and went on to bed at 9:00PM. It had been a big day but no cleaning was done. I will do that tomorrow since we are forecast for snow tomorrow.

No comments: