Monday, June 24, 2019

Monday and a Hope to Finish Mowing.

I slept well as long as I slept last night but I woke up shortly after 3:30AM after a nightmare of some sort. I don't even remember it now but it did wake me up and then I could not get back to sleep.

It is supposed to be a little cooler today...if you can call 88 degrees cooler. I hope to be able to finish mowing the west side yard today when it gets dry. It's supposed to rain again tonight and perhaps tomorrow.  We certainly do not need any more rain.

I noticed the cat's dish was empty this morning and so I refilled it and put the cardboard over it and set the little pitcher on top of that. That keeps the snails out of the cat food. The kittens and their mother know how to move that pitcher and the cardboard off in order to eat.

Wednesday, when I am in Coffeyville, I will go out to Walmart there and get some groceries. I need to buy some potatoes and eggs and an onion and some other stuff. I have made a list. I want to make potato salad for the cookout at church on Sunday after church. I would also like to pick up a pie at Tyro's little Amish store.  The Amish make great pies.

More later...

I went to get gas for the mower since I am hoping to be able to mow today and finish the west yard. On the way home I was thinking about those kids who are moving in next door. I don't know whether they have  a mower of not but I am thinking about making them a deal if they would mow my yard every week. I would furnish the mower and the gasoline if he would mow for me in July and August. Steve hasn't yet got back with me about a price for mowing for me those two months and if I can work out a deal with the new young man next door, that would save me some money and save him having to buy a mower or pay someone to mow for them.

I also contacted Leslie yesterday about having the church take my offering out at the World Church level.  I texted her about that again this morning and she got right back with me with answers to my questions and she suggested the very same thing! Great minds...I guess. I had put a note on the windshield of their truck, asking them to ring my doorbell when they get up and around. I want to discuss that with them. It's nearly 10:00AM now. Maybe they will begin stirring soon.

More later...

Well, I finally got the west yard mowed this morning. It's only 72 degrees and this is the time to get it mowed.

 Image may contain: grass, tree, outdoor and nature
 And I went ahead and re-did the front. After all that rain, I couldn't even tell I had done it. It's 10:40AM and I still haven't heard anything out of my neighbors. They must really be sleeping in this morning, They had a big weekend moving in. I am glad I got mine mowed.  I will have to re-mow that back before the end of the week. It's supposed to rain again tonight and tomorrow morning.

Image may contain: tree, grass, outdoor and nature

More even later...

Suzanne called before noon and asked me to go with her to Sonic to have a cherry limeade. Boy was that good! We rode around Caney and looked the town over. It really needs a beautification alright. They have a new program here to  try to enforce the ordinance but, as usual, no one is enforcing it. The same has been true in Coffeyville and Independence. There is no point in having ordinances on the books if they are not enforced.

She brought me home about 4:30PM and I am still eating the ice from that drink. We had a real good visit too. I have always thought Suzanne was a great friend and now she is a great landlady!. 



1 comment:

Kay said...

I really admire your independence. I think your idea to loan them the mower and have them do your yard sounds great. You have a beautiful but big yard.