Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tuesday and Another Power Problem

I slept very well last night and got up at 5:00AM. I am dressed, fed, and ready for the day.  I have fed the little gray cat and one of her kittens. She only brought one over with her today and they took turns eating from the bowl. They are very skittery and not friendly at all. But I am still feeding them. I like to watch them eat. I have put a flat piece of cardboard from the back of a small tablet, over the bowl and then set the empty watering pitcher on top of that.  That is to keep the snails out of the cat food bowl. The cat and her kittens know to push over the pitcher and move the cardboard to get to the food. I do not want to feed snails and the place is loaded with snails in the grass.

Last evening as I was watching TV, I noticed it seemed very warm in the apartment. I looked at the thermostat and it said 81 degrees.  I had it set on 77 and it was not running. A couple of months ago, I noticed my new dryer would not start. I called Steve and he said to go to the garage and flip the breaker that said "dryer". That did not work. So, I tried flipping it again and suddenly, it worked. So I thought nothing more about it.

Then a couple of weeks ago, the air conditioner was not working. I went to the garage and flipped the breakers off and on that were marked "AC". Then the air came on.

Last evening, it happened again so I called Suzanne and told her about it and then tried that four or five times, flipping it back and forth after waiting about five minutes between each try.and finally the air came on. I slipped on a duster and walked out to the west side just to check it out. It was running. I called Suzanne back and told her I thought it was the breaker box. She is sending the AC guy out later this morning to check out the AC. I think that's a waste of their money because I am almost certain that it is the breaker box since the dryer had the same problem last spring.  She is still sending him out and if it checks out OK, she is calling the electrician to repair the breaker box. After about 20 minutes, my room was down to 77 degrees. It is still working fine.

That's the only problem I have had here. But in 90 degree weather, that is a concern.

More later...

Paul, the air conditioning man, came  this morning and checked out both the air conditioner and the thermostat and found nothing wrong with either of them. So it has to be the breaker box. Brad Sanders, the electrician, is coming right away to see what breakers he needs to order.

So more later...

Brad came and looked at the breaker box and will be back tomorrow afternoon to put the new breakers in.

I downloaded my free Amazon Prime book for June on my Kindle and began reading it. It is a murder mystery and I may be sorry I chose it. It is pretty gory...something like :"Silence of the Lambs".  Anyhow, I got started on it. It is called "Trance" by Adam Southward.

I will tune on the TV in a little bit and watch the news, Right now I will play some solitaire on the computer.

More later...

I watched the news and also  some Amazon Prime on the nature of the universe. It was very interesting.

Now I will play some more Solitaire until time to go to bed. It is 8:15PM now and I plan to go on to bed at 9:00PM

2 comments:

Annsterw said...

Fingers crossed the issue with the breakers gets resolved! You definitely need that AC! I am now following you! You can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for following me. I will follow you too.