Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday and Dinner at Church

I got up at 5:00AM as usual this morning and started my day with dressing and my oatmeal. Then as soon as I fed the cats, I began making my coffeecake. While it was baking Scott called and brought me up to date with the building project on their new home.   After I got that finished, I iced it.  He had the puppy, Sarge, and Eddy, the cat and Ginger's dog outside, so Ginger could sleep.

After awhile I had to ice the coffeecake and so he signed off with "love you, Mom".  About 8:00AM, I loaded everything into the car and left for church. I stopped at Tyro and bought an Amish cherry pie. I also had my potato salad and the coffeecake. 

The service was good. Vivian spoke and and afterward most of the congregation stayed for the cookout. John cooked the hamburgers and they were good!

 Image may contain: 1 person, tree, outdoor and nature
That's John in the truck bed cooking.  The red haired tall one is Kelly and the man at the tailgate is Danny.

Susan and I did the dishes and I put them away afterward. I brought the wet dish towels home to put in my laundry.

After  I got everything put away at home I worked on that coffeecake dish.  The Abbotts took the leftover coffeecake. I sure didn't need it.

I just puttered around all afternoon and watched some more of that program on Amazon Prime that featured  "The Physics of Light". It has been very interesting.

Later I watched 60 Minutes. That was very interesting too. One episode was about a 99 year old lawyer who had prosecuted the Germans at Neurenberg  trials back in the 40s after the war was over.  He is a strong peace advocate. He says all war makes savages and killers out of perfectly normal people.  I have recorded that episode of 60 Minutes and will keep it.

After that program, I took my bath and watched that program "The Physics of Light" until 9:00PM when I went on to bed.

No comments: