Thursday, July 4, 2019

Thursday and Laundry Day

I slept very well last night, I woke up twice but got right back to sleep. In fact, I slept until 5:45AM..pretty much a record for me.

I have dressed and had my oatmeal and coffee and Chai and am ready for the day now. I would be tempted to mow the front yard but, (1) it's too wet and (2) I just had my hair done yesterday morning. I would ruin that.

On Sunday, I will drive over to the reunion grounds south of Joplin for the Sunday service there. I will stay for lunch there and then come home in the afternoon.

If it doesn't rain on Monday or Tuesday, I will mow then. It will really be high by then and will be a huge job.

I think Nancy's son, David, must have come yesterday. I drove by her house after I came back home from Coffeyville yesterday morning and there was a strange red Toyota there in her drive. I imagine it was a rental car from the Tulsa airport. It will be interesting to see if he can talk her into going into a nursing home this time or even assisted living. She is adamant against it. He may be here several days if that is him.

It's only 7:45AM now and I am waiting for the CBS news to come on. So, more later....

I am not feeling up to par today so I will wait until tomorrow to strip my bed and vacuum and mop. I have been in the bathroom several times this morning. I wonder if it's the new blood pressure med?

More later..... 

Well, I found the brochure that came with the med and I have several of the side effects of the drug.  And wouldn't you know...this is a holiday and there isn't anyone at the pharmacy or probably at the doctor's office. I've never had a any drug side effects before but I am extremely tired and weak feeling, a little confused, have had stomach cramps, dizziness and I've been in the bathroom several times this morning.

I tried the doctor's office and they are closed today and tomorrow and won't be open until Monday. They suggested the doctor's clinic at Coffeyville but I am not sure I should drive 17 miles to the clinic when all they would tell me is to stop taking the med.   I may try to call the clinic after 9:00AM this morning.

I went out to Dollar General to get some more mesh bags for my bras in the laundry and when I got home I decided to vacuum out my car...big mistake! Now I am exhausted! It is already 79 degrees out there and I overdid it. I will stay in the air conditioned apartment this afternoon. What a mess! I was going to get my blower out and blow the grass, etc. out of my garage but decided that was for another day. 

I was working on this computer this morning and the smoke alarm went off. I could not get it to stop beeping even though I pulled it down from the ceiling. It finally did stop but only because the 9 volt battery in it ran down. Steve came this afternoon and put a new battery in it.

It is 3:45PM now. and close to 90 degrees out there. I am staying in here where the air conditioning is. I have sat all afternoon and kept my feet up and watched recorded Dateline programs. Now my left ankle looks a little better.

Steve and Suzanne brought me a lot of produce from the food giveaway here.( I don't know what they call it.)  I have onions, cherries, and watermelon. Lots of it! It will take me awhile to use it up.
I will try some of the watermelon this evening.

More later...

I had some of that watermelon this evening. The inside is yellow instead of red but it is sweet and very good! It has tiny little seeds in it but not many.

It is 6:00PM and I am very tired. I haven't felt really well all day and I hope I will feel better tomorrow. I want to clean the apartment and wash the floors. I have sat around most of today with my feet elevated.

More later....

I am very tired and have had my bath and it's 8:20. I will go on to bed and hope to feel better in the morning.

6 comments:

pat m said...

Is it a nursing home or retirement community? I live in a really nice retirement community...it's basically a apartment building for seniors...sometime

have dining rooms..I have a full kitchen if I want to cook but mostly I go down for meals.

Margie's Musings said...

It is a retirement community but she just wants to stay home.

pat m said...

The residents that were forced by their kids to move here are always unhappy...the decision has to be made by her

pat m said...

Has she toured the place?

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I don't know what insurance you use, but we have continued with my husband's insurance from his work, and they have a mail order prescription program. They have a phamacist that I believe is there all of the time, even on holidays. Just thought I'd mention it because I have called them in the past about any medication I have a question about if it is not my Doctor's office or Walgreen's store hours. They have always been helpful to me.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Margie's Musings said...

I have Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield as a supplement. Thanks, I am feeling better this afternoon. Not as well as usual... but better.

Yes, I know Nancy would not be happy in even Assisted Living if it's not her wish...and I am sure it is not her wish. It will be interesting to see what this visit brings.