Friday, September 27, 2019

Friday and No Particular Plan

I have everything pretty well caught up here at the apartment.  I read last night until after 10:00PM and finished my first library book.  I had a terrible time getting to sleep though. My allergies were going crazy and I had drainage big time! Finally I got up and took a Benadryl tablet and that not only dried everything up but it helped me to sleep. I slept until 6:00AM. Then I got up, made the bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day and fixed my oatmeal and coffee. After that I fed the cats too.

I don't have a plan for today. I have plenty of food in the house. The Schwan's man came last night and I bought some single meals and some ice cream bars. That, along with the chicken pot pies I have already, should hold me for awhile.

Next week I will strip my bed again and wash the sheets. By then I will have some more laundry. I want to get some Dryel too and do my spring/summer tops.  I prefer to dry clean them in my dryer instead of putting them in the laundry and the dryer wet. They might shrink that way. The Dryel way they do not do that. And they come out fresh.

Right now I will watch the CBS news.

Nancy came over for awhile and visited.  She had not been out of the house in days. Most of the time she does not feel well. She was feeling a little better this morning.

More later....

I ordered the Dryel from Amazon. I just ordered the refill because I still have the bag you use to dry clean the tops. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. I doubt they can get it here that quickly but we will see. After noon, I did not want another frozen lunch so I went out to Eggberts and had my usual...the chicken salad and fruit and a muffin.  I do that about once a week. I have one breakfast out (with Bob) and one lunch out every week.

I read most of the afternoon and then after it cooled down a bit I mowed the front yard. It had been done last Monday and was looking a little ratty. After I got that done I came in and drank some iced tea. Later I watched another episode of "Murder She Wrote" on Amazon Prime. I like using Amazon Prime because there are no commercials and the programming is wholesome. About 7:00PM or so, I took my bath  It's almost 9:00PM now and I will soon go on to bed.

No comments: