Sunday, September 22, 2019

Sunday and a Busy Day

I slept extremely well last night. I did not watch TV late. I just read my latest library book until 9:00PM and then went to bed. That seems to be the trick.

I got up at 5:00AM this morning and made my bed, made up my face, dressed for church, and ate my oatmeal and had my coffee. Then I mixed up the coffeecake. Since it is raining, I may just leave the cake in my freezer until next week. Bob took the cakes up last Tuesday. I will have the coffeecake. to take in anyhow. It's raining so we may have a smaller congregation today. Many of our people do not like to get out in the rain.  Nancy may decide not to go too. I will just take my umbrella and go on. I also want to see that film this afternoon.

More later...

The coffeecake is finished and iced.  I will call Nancy soon and see if she is still up for the day. The rain may discourage her. I  have been watching the news and playing a game on the laptop computer.

One small kitty came and braved the rain to come and eat some cat food. The others have not braved the rain.

More even later...

As I thought she might, Nancy backed out of coming with me today. The rain made her hurt all over and she stayed in bed most of the day. She also backed out of going to Independence to get her tag tomorrow. I don't know what she is going to do about it. It is expired now and she shouldn't drive it...besides, she doesn't drive out of town anyhow. She says she will call me to take her to Independence when she is feeling better. I wonder....

Anyhow we had a pretty nice size congregation today..especially considering the weather.

Afterward, we went up to Great China to eat lunch. I went from there to the meeting in Coffeyville and saw the film documentary "An Appalachian Dawn" that was shown at the Coffeyville Reawakening headquarters. It was really pretty remarkable what they accomplished as a small town in Kentucky...cleaning up the town and getting their drug problem under control..I recommended to Danny here in Caney that he order it from E-bay at $21.99 and show it in Caney. We will see if he does. He is in charge of the Caney Reawakening group.  But I haven't seen anything happening yet.

I came on back home about 5:30PM and did the newsletters and got them stamped and out on the mailbox.  It's almost 7:00PM now and I have recorded 60 Minutes since I was so late in getting the newsletters out. I will watch that before taking my bath and getting ready for bed. It's been another big day.

I took my bath at 7:00PM  then  I watched the recorded 60 Minutes and then turned off the TV and read my book and finished it at a little after 10:00PM.  Then I went to bed.

No comments: