Monday, October 7, 2019

Monday and a Doctor's Appointment

l slept well but woke up with a stiff neck. I must have slept crooked.

I dressed and took a couple of Aleve and it is getting better now.  I have had my oatmeal and coffee and checked my checkbook against the bank web site. I  am .02 off somewhere. I will find it eventually.

I am to see the podiatrist in Independence at 10:00AM this morning so I will leave Caney about 9:25AM.  If everything looks good to him I should be able to start taking a full bath and get my right foot wet again. I am ready! Getting out of the tub with one leg hanging over the side creates a big struggle. :) I am a little old for that. Luckily, I have not broken my neck this past week.

 No photo description available.

Mama cat is guarding the cat food against her own kittens. Tsk! Tsk!

More later....

I got up to Independence about 9:45AM ans went by a car wash and washed my car. Then I got to the doctor's office at 10:00AM and got in immediately. He came in about five minutes later and took a look at my toe. He said it was healing wonderfully. I was out of there in 15 minutes. I have another appointment in six months On April 6th at 10:00AM. If the toenail is coming right along, we will talk about redoing the left foot with the failed bunion surgery and the turned in big toe.

I got back home about 10:30AM. It's a beautiful day and I might go to Bartlesville just for something different to do. The apartment is clean and the yard looks fine. The laundry is done too.

More later.....

I decided not to go to Bartlesville  after all. I got as far as the highway and turned around. I had just been there with Leslie last Friday.

Instead I came home and spent a couple of hours on the phone with Medicare trying to decide whether to sign up for Medicare Advantage. They have a plan called Avantra Freedom PPO through Aetna that sounds pretty good! No premium and no deductible. It includes vision and 50% on the dental. The dental will pay 50% of the bill for restorations, extractions and dental surgery.

On the vision, there is no copay for the exam, frames, or contacts.

Any psychiatric care is paid 100%.

Skilled nursing is paid the first 20 days and after that they pay $167.00 per day 

The primary care doctor must be in their plan and agree to accept the 80% payment the plan would pay plus $5.00 per visit from the patient. You can't have a supplement and have this plan. It would enable me to cancel my supplement with Blue Cross/Blue Shield and save the $289. a month I pay for that.  I would have to pay $73.59 per month as a penalty for not signing up for prescription drug coverage when I took social security and medicare in 2000.

I am thinking it over. I couldn't sign up for it until October 15th anyhow.

More later...

I had a terrible shock this evening. I checked my checking account online and found that the $4.00 car wash I got in Independence this morning cost me $10.00. I'm going to go back up there tomorrow and tell them about it and see if they will give me a $6.00 refund. I was supposed to have been charged for the express car wash ($4.00) and that is certainly what it said and what I got.

I am trying to stay up to watch "Bull" this evening but that is 45 minutes away so I may just record it and watch it in the morning.  I have had my bath and am in my pjs already. It was certainly nice to be able to have a full bath this evening with my right foot in the tub getting washed,.

2 comments:

Kay said...

I have the hardest time figuring out all the Medicare/2nd payer type stuff. I'm so glad your toe is getting better. It will be nice to get your foot things taken care of.

Margie's Musings said...

It will, As soon as the toenail has grown out again, I think I will have the failed bunion on my left foot repaired. It would be good to be able to wear any shoe again. Right now it's either sandals or Clark's.