Sunday, October 6, 2019

Sunday and More Rain

I slept well last night and was up at 5:00AM. I dressed and go myself ready for the day then got the coffeecake ready for baking first and then ate my oatmeal. It was pouring down rain but two of the  cats braved the rain to eat cat food. I went out and refilled their bowls.

The coffeecake is out of the oven and iced and I am ready to leave for church pretty soon. It is almost 8:00AM now. I will need to get the coffeecake in and also the groceries I have to bring for the food basket. They are perishable so I will need to put them in the frig there. Leann will pick them up and distribute them.

So more later....

Considering the weather, we had a pretty nice sized congregation at church.  I only have one piece of coffeecake left and I will give it to Nancy later today.

Karan and Bob and I went to Great China for lunch after church. We all had a nice lunch there and all of us even brought some home for another meal.

When I got home I got several newsletters done and out on the mailbox to be picked up tomorrow by the mailman. It is 3:15PM now and I have been busy ever since I got home.

I want to watch "Bull" this afternoon. I missed it last night because of the football game but I recorded it so I can make it up.

More later...

I watched "Bull" and then watched  60  Minutes then took my bath and dressed my toe with a clean dressing. I am listening to Kenny Rogers  music on the Echo now. In a bit, I will  watch another episode of "Murder She Wrote".  Then I will go on to bed.

I used the blueberries  and made up a smoothie. I drank one glass of it and covered the second glass with Saran and will save it for tomorrow. They are very good and very good for us. I use a cup of  blueberries, 1 cup of Greek yogurt and 3/4 cup of 2% milk, 2T sugar, 1/2 t. of vanilla extract, 1/8 t of nutmeg. I put all that in a blender and blend it. It makes 2 big glasses. I drink one and cover the second one and refrigerate it.

The cats are back having their supper now. I will need to cover the twin dish or the snails will get into their food. I don't know how to get rid of the snails except to cover their dish.

More later...

I watched "Murder She Wrote" and then went on to bed about 9:45PM.

5 comments:

Kay said...

Have a great day, Margie!

Margie's Musings said...

You too, Kay! It looks pretty nice here and it is cool now too.

Galla Creek said...

Smoothie sounds good.

Margie's Musings said...

It is, Sister-Three!

marlu said...

Snails! I haven't seen any snails here in Kansas since I was a kid.