Sunday, December 8, 2019

Sunday and a Basket Dinner

I got up fairly early this morning...5:30AM. I had a lot to do. I needed to add the miniature marshmallows to my salad. I remembered in the night that I had forgotten them. That's the first thing I did after I got dressed and had my breakfast and coffee. Then I put together my coffeecake. It is in the oven now. After I get it out and it cools, I will put the icing on it.   I have already done my dishes.

I came in after the coffeecake was in the oven and noticed a large raccoon eating the cat food. He must have run the cats off because ever since I ran him off , they haven't been back. Perhaps I should take the food in until I see the cats and the kittens again looking for it. I'll wait awhile to see if he comes back or they come back. I went out with a flashlight a while ago but saw no raccoons or cats.

The yellow Tom cat came and finished off his food. I am quite sure he is the father of the kittens because one of them looks exactly like him.

After church today, we are having our congregational Christmas dinner at church.

I am taking my Bob's fruit salad. It is apples, celery, two kinds of grapes, and raisins and miniature marshmallows. I mix it with Miracle Whip dressing.

More later...

The timer is going off. The coffeecake is  done and is now cooling. It's only 7:00AM so I have some time before I can ice it.

More even later....

I got the coffee cake cooled and iced and left for the church about 8:15AM . I loaded everything into the car.... the papers I save for Karan, the wreath for Debra along with the over the door hanger for it, the two bowls of fruit salad and the coffee cake. The service went well even though Karan had to substitute at eh last minute for the guest minister, who had a death in the family. She did well...especially after those circumstances. We had a nice big group who stayed for the dinner too. Mary Beth, Phyllis and Carmen and I did up the dishes.

I bagged up three pieces of coffee cake for Kelly and the rest disappeared on the dessert area. I got home, put away my salad and did my usual newsletters for the online congregation and ran off some for those four who are not online. The are out on the mailbox for the mailman to pick up tomorrow. I need to buy some more stamps tomorrow too.

I then went to the Dollar General store and bought some more 2 X  2 gauze squares for my big toe bandages and some trail mix and some ice cream bars.

I recorded some programs for after I left this morning. I guess I will go watch them. It's 3:30PM now.

I watched those programs and also watched "Bull" .

After watching an episode of "Murder She Wrote", I took my bath and went on to bed at 9:00PM.  

No comments: