Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Wednesday and Hair Day

I slept pretty well last night despite the drainage I seem to fight constantly. I am allergic to this world. I am going to look for some Vicks nose spray over at Coffeyville this morning. Maybe that will help.

I have contacted Bob and will pick him up at 7:15AM for breakfast. I have had my little dab of oatmeal and my coffee and Chai and fed the four cats that showed up on my doorstep this morning.

I have laundry in the washer but I will put it in the dryer later...when I get back home from Coffeyville. It will be alright just setting there after it finishes. There are no games today at the senior center. They played Bingo yesterday. I don't go over for Bingo.

More later...

I got back home about noon. I had breakfast with Bob, my brother-in-law and then went to the beauty shop after I went to the bank and cashed a check.  When I got there about 9:00AM, I was told my appointment was at 10:00AM so I told the receptionist I would go to the library. At the library the beautician called to tell me she was ready for me. I had just got to the library. It appears the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing at that shop. Anyhow, I checked out a couple of books to read when there is absolutely nothing on TV that I care anything about..then I went back to the beauty shop. Toni did my color and haircut and then I went to the doctor's office to see about that prescription. Lori came out and told me she was calling it in for me. Then I just came on back home. I guess Lori, Dr. Christensen's nurse will take care of that from now on. Otherwise, I will forget it and not use the cream.

I did not find the Vicks Nasal Spray anywhere in Coffeyville so I guess I will not try it after all. The pharmacist suggested I try Benadryl.  I hate to use that too much because it affects memory though it does dry up the sinus drainage.

I guess I will read the library book this afternoon. It sounds a lot more interesting then the one on my Kindle. For lunch, I will have some more of my Waldorf salad that I brought home from church.

I can sure tell it's December and near Christmas. The mail has been two hours later this month. I ordered a new magnetic calendar for my frig and it is supposed to be here today. After ten or fifteen years, the one  I have had finally gave up the ghost this year. The magnet came apart. I tried taping it together but that was just a temporary fix.

More later...

I got the new refrigerator calendar in today's mail and copied all the birthdays etc. onto  it. After I had some lunch, I worked on my class newsletter again. I got another letter from a classmate in a Christmas Card today..

I read in my new book from the library for an hour or so. It is 4:30PM now and I will go watch the news...such as it is.

I watched the news and later some programs I had recorded and last of all turned to Amazon Prime and watched "Murder She Wrote". Then took my bath and went to bed at 9:00PM.

5 comments:

Annsterw said...

You do not play Bingo?? I love Bingo!!! I have a ball with those dabbers!!! Have a great day!!!!

Margie's Musings said...

Bingo would require another trip to Coffeyville this week. It is on Tuesday. I go over on Wednesdays.

Galla Creek said...

Benadryl makes me feel really bad the next day. I try not to take it.

Margie's Musings said...

It also affects memory. I try not to use it unless it's just unavoidable.

Oleg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.