Monday, March 30, 2020

Monday and Another Stay at Home Day

I slept well last night. I got up, dressed and talked to Scott on the phone.then ate my oatmeal and drank my coffee. I saw two cats out in front waiting for their breakfast . The scraggly looking gray cat was one and one of the yellow ones was the other one. I had put the two sided food dish out there and the two blue bowls so they have plenty of food. It looks like the yellow cat has emptied one of the blue bowls and both cats are gone now...evidently full..... at least those two.

I transferred some money from my little savings into the checking account so I will have enough in there for my rent. My social security doesn't come in until the 8th of April. My Westar payment came out last night and my Blue Cross/Blue Shield too. My Atmos bill will come out tomorrow. Then my rent is due on the 1st. It's always a balancing act.

I won't need as much this month with my beauty shop closing and the fact that I bought groceries yesterday. I still have half a tank of gas too.

More later....

I watched the CBS news and then turned of the TV. I will run the sweeper over the carpet in the dining room and den. I never did get that done Thursday or Friday. I did get the laundry done. That's something.

I heard on the afternoon news on NPR  that Johnson and Johnson thinks they have a cure for the Coronavirus. Lets hope that turns out to be true.

I will get back to this later....

I ran the sweeper and  was amazed at the amount of dirt that came out of those two carpets...just the dining room and the den.

Then I had my sweet and sour chicken for lunch. I didn't get any mail today.....amazingly! I usually get something! I did send my grandson a birthday card. His birthday is the 2nd.

After that I read the book that downloaded for free on my phone kindle. It was entitled "The Missing Sister", It was just "alright"...nothing great! But it was free from Amazon.

It is 2:45PM now.  I may look to see what i might have saved on Amazon Prime recordings. I am too shaky in the legs to try to mow myself.

More later...

I talked to Nancy on the phone this afternoon and told her about the Child's dinner available at Sonic for $1.99 plus tax. It's two chicken strips, a package of tater tots and a small drink. I have had that twice this last week.. It's plenty for me.

I also told her tomorrow is a day the pantry is open from 3:00PM until  6:00PM. This time we have to drive through the drive there and open our trunks. If we don't do that, they wil put the grocery sacks on our fenders and we will have to put them in our card. They don't want the workers to be exposed to us drive through folks. That's good. I don't need a thing myself.

I put the cats dishes out again this afternoon  and so far they haven't come. It is sprinkling out though. Luckily I put my trash container out today. It may be raining tomorrow ....my pickup day.

I am watching the channel 6 news now. At 7:00PM, I will take my bath and try to find something to watch on TV. I notice "Bull" is not on tonight...for some reason.   I will go to bed at 9:00PM.

2 comments:

pat m said...

This has been making its way around the internet...it's been debunked...not true

Margie's Musings said...

Really!!I will delete it here then.