Saturday, April 4, 2020

Saturday and Friday's Best Night's Sleep

I slept better last night then I had in weeks. I don't know what the difference was but I am glad I had such a good night's sleep. I sure needed it. I got up at 5:00AM but had had really good sleep and only woke up one time and even then I got right back to sleep.

I have had my oatmeal and coffee and am working on my Chai Latte.  I had the two yellow cats come for breakfast this morning. They were Big Yellow Tom and his offspring the younger smaller yellow cat. I haven't seen any of the gray ones yet. I am leaving the food out there for awhile. They may show up yet.

I will go over to Coffeyville's Walmart today in hopes of being able to get in there and get my groceries. I will run by Bob's home and leave the extra groceries I got from Suzanne on Sycamore Landing's "free" table. He will have to open their door for me. Those folks can use them. I don't want to go to Bartlesville since they have a lot more or the coronavirus then Coffeyville. The entire Montgomery County only has six cases. The Kansas governor immediately shut down everything except essential businesses. The Oklahoma governor waited way too late and they have a lot more cases.

I awoke this morning thinking this was Sunday and trying to recall how Dean got the shower to work when he was here. I always take a bath and this shower is different from any I have ever had in the past. I will need to wash my hair tomorrow. It will be a week since it was done. I will try to just blow it dry and hope for the best.

It is hard to recall which day of the week it is without looking at the date on the computer. Wednesday always helped me to keep track of the day of the week . I always had a lot going on Wednesdays. I always went over to Coffeyville to have breakfast with Bob and then went out to the Woodshed to get my gas, went to Walmart and sometimes to the library to read until time for game days. That sure helped me keep track of the days and gave me some fellowship. Now every day is the same...just "stay at home" unless I need groceries. I am beginning to need groceries for sure now. I need bread and milk and oatmeal and frozen meals. And I only have one medium bottle of crangrape juice which is what I use with my breakfast and lunch. I usually buy the six pack of that juice. Dollar General only had the one larger jar.

More later....

I went over to Coffeyville and took my excess groceries to Sycamore Landing's  "free table".   Then I went out to Walmart and bought nearly $50.00 worth of groceries that I hope will handle my meal needs for awhile. It should. Although I had to go around to a yellow taped off area to go into the store, I did not have to wait and the store was not packed with customers. I checked out my own groceries too. As I was leaving the store, my phone rang and it was in my purse. When I got it out and checked it, it was Leslie. She was at the Independence Walmart store and wondered if I needed anything, I told her I was at Coffeyville's Walmart store and had bought nearly $50.00 worth of groceries but thanked her for thinking of my needs.

I had one of my frozen lunches for my lunch. It was a Lean Cuisine Salisbury Steak and Macaroni and Cheese lunch for $2.12 and quite good. It was also just the right size for me. I bought six different frozen meals and none of them were Walmart's  Great Value  meals. Those go right off the shelf as soon as they are put there. I haven't been able to find those for a month or so. Those Great Value meals are a wonderful bargain. The Smart Ones meals are also pretty good and also  inexpensive.

I want to go out to our Dollar General store and see if I can find some ice cream bars for my desserts.

There are now 620 cases of coronavirus in Kansas. That number does not include the first case in Greenwood County and another case in Reno County, which would make the total number to date, 622. Seventeen people have died from the virus in Kansas and 151 people have been hospitalized. 

So more later..

I vacuumed the apartment...all but the den. I will do it tomorrow. I don't want to strain my arm and shoulder. I want to wash the floors too then.

I went to Dollar General and bought some ice cream bars to use for my desserts. Then I stopped by the car wash and washed my car. I don't think thee was any soap in the machine. I wiped it down when I got home with .paper towels and got a lot of black on them. That was basically a waste of $4.00 but it does look better now. I will be staying in for the next few days now that I have my groceries so maybe it will look better anyhow. This car is the only car I will have until I die, I imagine, and I want it to be kept clean.

No 4:00PM news. KOTV is broadcasting from their Oklahoma City station because someone in their Tulsa studio has developed the Coronavirus. They are cleaning the studio in Tulsa. They didn't say who it was that developed the virus.

More later...

It is 7:00PM  now and I will take my bath and get my PJs on then I will come back in and watch TV or read.

More even later....

Two yellow cats came for supper. Big Yellow Tom and his son/daughter. They ate their fill and left. I will leave the dishes out there for the gray cats...if they come.

At 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.

No comments: