Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday and An Even Better Night

I slept pretty well last night...only woke up twice. But I got back to sleep.

I got up about 5:45AM but I had cramps in the toes in my right foot. I took some meds especially for that and soon they cleared up.

Then I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my oatmeal, juice and coffee.

When I opened the front door there were three cats waiting for me to bring them their breakfast.  Both yellow cats and one gray one were there. I put out the double dish and both blue bowls and they dug in. They ate fast and the two yellow cats left. It had been raining lightly. The area around my front door stays dry though It is only about four foot square which calls for cooperation between the cats or some cat does not get to eat.

I don't have anything on the agenda today unless I continue to go through the file cabinet and shred old documents. I will probably do that since I am stuck in the house.

It looks like more rain in the forecast for today and Monday. It had been forecast for a couple more days this next week but they have taken that out of the forecast. Without the data from airplanes, they are having a harder time with the forecast.

I plan to go to the food pantry this afternoon in hopes they have some bananas. I ate my last one for supper last night. I need some fruit. If they just  have veggies, I will take them to Coffeyville tomorrow to Sycamore Landing and their "free" table. I will need bananas, and bread and milk and Chai Latte by then.

More later...

I went up to the Independence Walmart to get my groceries but their parking lot was full and Leslie had told me they just let a small number of people in the store at once. The others have to wait outside. I went by the parking lot and it was full and it was raining and I sure wasn't going to wait outside with a large group of people. I went by the parking lot of the Walmart and the  Grocery too but it too was full. So I just got gas at Miller Brothers and came on back home.... a futile trip.

Then I got a text telling me my gas bill was ready and I pushed their link but it did not tell me how much it was or when it was due. I am supposed to get that information online but it wasn't there either. So I got their number and the automated voice told me how much it was and when it was due. Then I scheduled it to be paid. This is a kind of futile day.

One good thing that happened  this afternoon is that I got a free book on my Kindle because of my membership on Amazon Prime. That will give me something else to read.

More later...

I'm glad  I wasn't able to buy fruit at the Walmart store. Suzanne called to see if I wanted her to bring my produce from the Produce Market here and when she came by to bring it to me there were lots of bananas and blackberries and blueberries too. I will use my yogurt and make some smoothies with that fruit for my suppers. 

It's almost 4:00PM and the news will be on  then so I will get back to this later. I have plenty of fruit now.  More later...

I had a banana for my supper and a breakfast bar. That was plenty. I had my bath about 7:00PM and stayed up until 9;00PM when I went to bed.. 

No comments: