Monday, April 6, 2020

Monday and Another Boring Day

I slept very well last night. I even slept until 6:30AM this morning. I got myself ready for the day and fixed my oatmeal and had my juice and coffee. Now I will fix my Chai Latte.

Then I noticed three cats out front waiting for their breakfast. Both yellow cats and the scruffy looking gray cat were there. I took them out their food.  Later, after they were finished, Mama gray cat came too. So that was four of them altogether. They are all finished now.

I am not sure what I will do today. I had intended to strip my bed and wash my sheets but I lost interest in doing that today. I will do it tomorrow instead. Today, I may read. Last night I was a little dizzy for some reason. I am fine this morning, I think.

More later...I want to watch the CBS news.

I went up to the post office to return the stamps I had ordered in the mail. I ordered them and in the meantime, I ran out of stamps. So I went to the post office and they gave me stamps and when my receipt came in with the stamps I had ordered, I returned them this morning. They gave me another order form and told me they would try to remember to just put my stamps with the local deliverable mail instead of letting my order go all the way to Wichita just to be sent back to Caney. That took three days.and that was over the weekend.

I guess I will vacuum the den today and perhaps then go through my file cabinet and shred some old documents. That would be something productive to do with all this free time.

More later...

Well, it's 12:30PM now and I have spent the morning going through the file cabinet organizing the stuff I have saved there and shredding non essentials.in the top drawer. I never did find my passport. I just hope it is in the bottom drawer somewhere. I have shredded nearly everything unimportant except what has my new address on it in the Mdicare folder.  I will eat some lunch and then get back to it. I also want to vacuum the den. If I don't run out of energy, I may go ahead and strip my bed and do that laundry.

So more later..

I had chicken pot pie for lunch along with some of my juice.

It is 2:10PM now and I have spent several hours going through the file cabinet and shredding old files. By noon, I had the top drawer finished and this afternoon after my lunch, I started on the bottom drawer. I am about half finished with that. I have three grocery sacks full of shredded material. Still haven't run onto my passport. If I ever go anywhere where I would need it, I will have to get a duplicate done. I don't anticipate doing that however. I have no idea what might have happened to it. It should be in that file cabinet somewhere. Everything else certainly is. I am very tired and won't get anything else done this afternoon. Sitting on the floor sifting through all those documents was exhausting!

This evening I want to watch TV. "All Rise" is on at 8:00PM  and  "Bull" is on at 9:00PM. I want to watch both although I will be recording them both just in case I can't make it that late. Those two programs and one on Saturday called "Lucky Dog" and two on Sunday morning are about all I care about on TV except the CBS news. TV is just worthless anymore. Way too much violence and sex. All that is very unhealthy for our society. And then some wonder why our society is so violent anymore. That ought to be evident!

More even later....

I took my bath at 7:00PM and then looked at my calendar. I thought my doctor's appointment was Tuesday and it turns out it was today. Now I will need to call tomorrow and find out if I am in trouble with that podiatrist.

Oh well, it's always something! It's 7:45PM now and I have an hour and 15 minutes at 9:00PM before "Bull" comes on. I may just have to watch it tomorrow as recorded. I am very tired. I thought I might mow this afternoon but all that shredding wore me out. I just couldn't do it.




No comments: