Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Tuesday and Sheet Laundry

I slept well but not very late. I was up at 5:00AM or shortly before. I stripped my bed and will start the laundry in awhile.  Right now I am having my breakfast...oatmeal and coffee and am now working on my Chai Latte and reading my e-mail. I tried to log into Keith's new facebook-like site but it wouldn't accept my password.

Anyhow, I have fed myself. It is only 6:00AM so maybe the cats aren't up and around yet. I will check that out before I get any further here.

The little scraggly gray cat was there waiting for me to open the door.  I went ahead and put out the two blue bowls too... figuring it won't be long and some of the others will be here too.

I may as well start the sheet laundry while I am blogging here.

Well, that is done. I started the washer. I really like my new washer and dryer. The washer automatically fills to the proper level for the size of the laundry. It senses the weight evidently.
Sure enough...two more cats came for breakfast. They must have slept in later then usual :). 

My cell phone is updating  now. I hope that doesn't take long. I usually text Bob around 6:00AM-6:30AM to see if he is alright.

I texted him now but I haven't heard back from him yet. He may be in the shower.


More later...

Bob finally called and told me he was going to Independence to see his 95 year old sister, Betty. Out of 11 kids, they are the only two still living. Who knows how long he will have her.

My laundry finished and I got it dried and folded out and put away.

I think I will go out to Sonic and have their kids meal....two chicken strips and an order of tater tots and a small drink for $1.99 plus tax. Or you can have french fries if you prefer.

I have had about all the frozen meals I can stand for a day. No sit down restaurants are one thing I miss the most...for a change of pace. I do have beans thawed and also have frozen cornbread. I may thaw that in the microwave and heat up those beans.

I left the cat food out a little longer today and although it is almost 10:00AM, Big Yellow Tom just came and ate his late breakfast. I have been having to run the birds off the food.  I am glad there was still some out there for him.

More even later ...

I did go out to Sonic and get their $1.99 special from the Kid's meals. With tax it comes to $2.18. Two nice sized chicken tenders and a small carton of tater tots and a small coke. It was enough to fill me up. And I had an ice cream bar from Dollar General to top it off after I got home.

When I got home I called and visited with Nancy awhile. She is as bored as I am with all this.It was 1:16PM and she was still in her nightgown. I told her the food pantry would be open from 3:00PM until 6:00PM so she was going to get her clothes on and go out and get some groceries.

After that I filled the mower with gas and decided to mow. I made two rounds around the front yard and was exhausted. Maybe I should have started earlier in the day. I realized I was not going to be able to do it this week. I was just too tired. I called Krystal Vanetta and asked her if one of her daughters would want to mow it and she said "yes" she would. It will be the 14 year old that did it two weeks ago. Her dad will bring her over to do it at 5:00PM. How aggravating! I did it last year but I am not sure I am going to be able to do it this year. The girls just charge me $25.00 each week so I may just have to bite the bullet and have them do it. Next time, I will start earlier in the day and see if that makes a difference.


I talked to Bob this afternoon. He went up to Independence this morning to see his 95 year old sister. He should do that more often. One of these days he may not have her to visit anymore.

He was telling me he heard that Dillards was closing in the mall in Bartlesville and he had wanted to get some suspenders to help him keep his pants up before they closed. His bottom has all but disappeared, he says. :). He asked me if I could order some for him on Amazon and I assured him I could. After he hung up, I got online with Amazon and looked over the selection then I called him back and told him what they looked like and what they cost. He had me order some blue plaid ones for $11.99 plus tax. They should be in on Saturday. He wears mostly jeans so they should work out fine for him.

At about 3:15PM I went out to the Food pantry and got some groceries. I will keep the plums and the blackberries but the green beans and other veggies will go to Sycamore Landing for their "free table".  They will have groceries again tomorrow and perhaps they will have bananas then. That's really what I really want. I have one every evening for supper.

It's 4:00PM now and I want to see if the news is on or if the president is going to take it over again.

Great, it is the local channel 6 news.

More later...

At 5:30PM John and his daughter showed up and in no time at all the 14 year old had the entire lawn done. I gave her $25.00 and she was delighted.. I will go out tomorrow and trim. For $25.00 I don't expect her to trim too. I can do that.! She did a good job mowing.

Image may contain: tree, grass, plant, outdoor and nature
This is the west side yard that the 14 year old girl mowed for me. This the largest side.
This part of the back yard



Image may contain: grass, house, plant, tree, outdoor and nature
This is the front yard all finished. I will only need to trim tomorrow.


Image may contain: tree, grass, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

It's 7:00PM and I will take my bath and get back to this later. Google has taken over this blog and it is different to post on now. I hope to be able to get into it tomorrow to post.

I watched a lecture by John Hamer pastor of the Toronto Canada congregation on the historical background of the passion account in the Bible...especially by Paul and Mark.. By then it was nearly 9:00PM and I decided to go on to bed.

No comments: