Sunday, May 10, 2020

Sunday and Mother's Day

I slept well last night. I woke up at 5:00AM with a sore right arm but I did make it through the night fine.

Then this morning I took a shower and washed my hair. It hasn't been done at a beauty shop for a month.  I do need a haircut. I have been trimming on it now and then.

My younger son, Scott, called this morning to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.  He says their gift will be later....probably Monday or Tuesday.  I got a lovely card from my older son, Keith, and his wife, Esther. And Leslie and John sent me candy and flowers. I need to change the water on those flowers this morning again and put that preservative in the water.

Leslie just called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I do need to get the water changed on my flowers to preserve them.

Four cats have been by for their breakfast..two yellow ones and scruffy gray cat and just now.... mama cat.  It is sunshiny now but we are forecast rain tonight ...and the rest of the week. I am tired of rain and wind and ready for some warm sunshiny days. I had to bring in the cat food again. The birds were going to be eating on it and I am not going to feed birds.

I got the flowers' water changed and they are holding up well.

Judy, Suzanne's sister, will be by between 11:30AM and 12:00 noon today to pick me up to go out to Suzanne's and Steve's for their Mother's Day dinner. They didn't want me to be by myself for Mother's Day. That was sweet of them.  I told her that Leslie was on call and couldn't guarantee that she would not be called up. She was called up last night at 10:00PM and was gone until 2:00AM. She is really ready to retire but will only be 63 in July so she has awhile yet to deal with this job. She needs the insurance. Scott doesn't like his job either but as I reminded him this morning, he does have a job.

I am watching TV right now. "Hope in the Wild" is on.

More later....

I went out to Steve and Suzanne's for lunch and Judy, Suzanne's sister, Judy, picked me up to take me out there. I had a very good time and Suzanne sent Judy and me both home with food for another meal. Ashley, Steve and Suzanne's daughter, gave each of us a flower and I planted mine in my flowerbed out back outside my den window.

I liked Judy very much.We talked about calling one another and going to lunch from time to time. She is to get my number from Suzanne and I will get hers from Suzanne too.

It was a lovely Mother's Day dinner. Suzanne had quite a crowd. She had Ashley's mother-in-law, Steve and Suzanne's son-in-law, Ashley and her three boys, Judy, and me. It is 3:40PM now.  It is a beautiful day.

More later...

I left the large plant in the house. The wind played with it day before yesterday and it looks a little scraggly.  I did bring in the other plant too but I hung it back out.

I watched 60 Minutes and then afterward I watched the CBS movie "Forest Gump" I had seen it several times in the past but it had been awhile.

At 7:00PM, I washed my face and put my pjs on. After the movie was over sometime after 10:00PM, I went on to bed.

No comments: