Friday, August 7, 2020

Friday and Lowe's Comes to Measure

I slept well last night and got up after 5:00AM and dressed and got myself ready for the day. Before I went to bed last night I did the load of laundry I had in the basket, dried it and put it away.

Then when I was dressed this morning  I fixed my breakfast...my regular oatmeal and a breakfast bar with my coffee.

When I opened my front door this morning, I had four cats/kittens waiting for their breakfast . I fed them and they are gone now.

It is supposed to rain today but we can't count on it.  They have a time predicting our weather. They may as well toss a coin. This is Kansas.

Lowe's is supposed to come and measure for the new floors today. We will see.

I had better get that cat food in before the ants find it.

More later...

The man from Lowe's came to measure the area where we will have new vinyl put down. He used a digital tape that actually drew the measurements on a tablet he had with him. New technology!

We will have to have the plumber come and lift out the stool in the bathroom so the flooring can be put down there. We will also have to unscrew the water faucet from the washer.  It is a liability issue with them. They will put the new flooring in the dining room, the kitchen and the utility area and also the bathroom.  I am looking forward to having new flooring. The flooring I have now is pretty worn. It is probably the original stuff.

More later....

I had lunch of a chicken pot pie from Schwan's. Very good! I also had an ice cream bar for dessert. Then I played Freecell for while and watched another "Dr. G" program and then read my Kindle for awhile. Now I am back in the den. It has been raining a little...not enough to worry about. It appears to have stopped. It is 2:20PM now.

I spent the afternoon alternating between watching Amazon Prime's "Dr. G"and reading and playing FreeCell. This is a terribly boring time. It rained a little off and on all afternoon. I just stayed home.

At 4:00PM I  turned to the Channel 6 news and after that the CBS news. Later I watched some more Amazon Prime. I read the book I got on my phone. I couldn't download it on my Kindle but it came through on the phone. Strange...

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and at 9:00PM, I went on to bed.


No comments: