Friday, January 15, 2021

Friday and Dusting

 I slept pretty well last night but was up shortly before 5:00AM anyhow. I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee. 

The wind is blowing very hard out there today and I don't know how I can feed the cats this morning. The wind would blow away the bowls. I am leery of feeding them in the garage. They might crawl up into the underneath side of my car later. Maybe I will just wait and see if the wind lets up. Right now I want to go watch "the weather on the 8s" on TV. I will mull over feeding the cats in the garage just inside the door. So, more later....

Well, they didn't want to eat in the garage so I took the bowls nearer my front door...out of the wind as much as possible. There were three yellow cats and Inky. I don't see Scruffie out there. Too bad...she only eats breakfast because when she comes during the day, I can't feed her then or all the other cats come too. 

I am having my Chai Latte now and watching the cats eat just outside my front door.

I will dust the furniture this morning. I started yesterday by dusting the baseboards but didn't finish with the furniture. That's all I have to do today anyhow.

Schwan's will be delivering my order today between 1:00PM and 4:00PM. I don't know why they changed this week to Friday. They have never done that before.

I still have one full frozen meal and two chicken pot pies of theirs. But I am out of ice cream bars.

The Schwan's man came and brought my order. I have one of the chicken pot pies I already had for my lunch and some punch and one of the ice cream bars he brought for a dessert.

Then I used the Amazon Prime and watched a couple of programs on it. it's 4:00PM now and I may go watch the Channel 6 news and afterward at 5:30PM, the CBS news.

So more even later...

Later I got a little hot and went to turn down my thermostat on the gas and saw that the temperature was not showing up. The batteries were evidently run down. I tried to get the cover off the thermostat but it wouldn't came off. I called Suzanne about it and she called the service man and he will come tomorrow morning early.  

Then I realized I couldn't tell the temperature while it was like that so I got my letter opener and worked on it with that and pried that cover off. There were two AA batteries in there and I just had two AA batteries so I pulled those two out and slipped the ones I had in and it worked! I called Suzanne and told her to call the service man back and tell him I had managed to change out the batteries and that fixed it.

I watched the Tulsa news and also the CBS news. I took my bath at 7:00PM. It's only 9:00PM now and I just downloaded another book to read so I may start that and stay up a little later.

No comments: