Thursday, January 14, 2021

Thursday and Laundry and Apartment Cleaning Day

 I slept fairly well last night and was up at 4:45AM and stripped my bed to do laundry. I am in the process of eating my breakfast and drinking my coffee now. I will wait awhile before starting my laundry. It's only 6:15AM now. The cats came for supper last night but I didn't feed them. 

The last time I fed them in the evening, I had to chase away a possum. So it's mornings only. The cat food goes further that way anyhow. They will be plenty hungry this morning. I always leave the front door open to the storm door when I feed them so I can see what's going on with them. They are all plenty fat..except for Scruffie. She sometimes doesn't make it for the breakfast meal.

I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" now and get back to this later. 

I fed four cats this morning and one of my bowls blew away with the wind out there. I have a time keeping track of bowls. If dogs don't carry them off, the wind does. 

More later... 

Atmos Energy sent a man out today to check my gas meter.  He changed out the digital part of the meter. He thinks the battery is dead in it so he put a new one in. For the past three months, my gas bill has been $20.18....the minimum. That's December, January and February. I knew that could not be right. So I called them last week. It took them a week to get a man out here.

While the commercials were on once again, I got all the bare floors mopped and the carpet vacuumed. The laundry is in the rinse cycle. When it finishes, I will get it in the dryer. I will still need to dust again.

More later... 

The laundry is done, folded and put away. I will dust tomorrow. That will give me something to do tomorrow.  

I read most of the afternoon and finished another book and started another one. I finished the spaghetti I got for supper last night. That was my lunch. 

Then I went out to Dollar General and bought a couple of things I needed like the fluid I soak my contacts in after I take them out.

The wind blew all  day and I understand it's supposed to be even windier tomorrow. One of the cat's dishes blew away this morning.  I looked everywhere out there for it but it was gone.  

I had a banana for my supper and read the latest book until 7:00PM and then took my bath and went back to the book and finished it at 11:00PM and went to bed.

 

2 comments:

Debby said...

What IS it with utility companies? We have one place that the meter has not been read in a long time. It is in an inconvenient place. They decided that it needed to be changed to a more convenient place. That has not happened, and we've been changed the minimum amount for nearly a year now. My husband knows that is not right, and so he keeps track of the meter himself so that we don't owe a fortune when they get around to sorting it out.

Margie's Musings said...

I just think some people are more incompetent anymore.