Monday, January 11, 2021

Monday and the Ohio State Football Game

This evening Leslie will pick me up at 6:15 PM and take me out to their place where they have ESPN and we can watch the Ohio State championship game. My daughter-in-law, Scott's wife, Ginger, got me hooked on Ohio State football. That is her Alma Mater. I don't have access to ESPN because of my limited package on Cox. After the game, she will bring me back home. I try not to drive after dark.

I slept fairly well last night but was up earlier then usual. I am having my coffee now and waiting for the oatmeal to cool off a bit.

I haven't had the weather or the news on yet. And I haven't checked on the cats yet either.

So, more later....

I ate my oatmeal before checking on the cats. There were only two out there...Blondie and Inky. They are eating like they hadn't eaten for a week. I am only feeding them in the mornings now. Since Scruffie wasn't out there this morning I may after alter my plan.

I am waiting for the "weather on the 8's" to come on. In about ten minutes I will text Bob and see if he is up yet. It's 23 degrees out there this morning. Very cold even for cats. Blondie is all fluffed up against it. I see one of the other yellow cats is out there now and only Scruffie is missing.

The "weather on the 8's" is on now so I will watch it and then change to Channel 6 for the news.

More later....

I got very busy with the computers after I watched the weather and CBS News.

At almost noon, Phyllis called me about whether or not we had cakes this week, I needed to call the First Christian Church in Independence to check for sure. I tried for 45 minutes with nothing but a busy signal to show for it. Finally I called and told Phyllis I was just going to go up there because all I got was a busy signal. I grabbed my grocery list and took off. 

When I got there I honked as I always do when I go up the alley and three people came to the kitchen door. They were the new church secretary and one of her friends and the pastor.

I asked them about cakes which were supposed to be taken up there on Tuesday and they told me we would start instead on February 2nd. I wonder what they would have done if I had brought four cakes up there tomorrow? We have been baking their cakes for almost eight years and they couldn't call me to tell me about the change in dates? I was pretty disappointed in them.

 Then they told me I probably didn't have their new telephone number. They have changed to a cell number.  That's why all I got when I tried to call their land line was a busy signal. I copied the new one off the note about it on the door. Then I stopped at their Walmart store in Independence and picked up my groceries and then afterward came on back home.

I got two classmate newsletters back today with a forwarding address on each. I printed off some envelopes and changed the addresses in my records too.  I also printed off Sunday's Ontario Canada's "Beyond the Walls" sermon for Karan and got it in the mail.

I was talking to Karan on the phone and was back in the den and didn't hear Leslie ringing the doorbell. She came early to make a bank deposit. She also tried to call me but I was on my phone to Karan. Finally she got my attention at the front door and I unlocked the door.

She took me by Mister G's and bought us an ice cream cone and then we went on out to their house. While we were waiting for the game to come on, Leslie fixed us all three a cola and some popcorn. John showed me some photos he had taken on his phone.

Unfortunately, Alabama won handily by four touchdowns.  But I enjoyed the game and the company. Leslie brought me home at about 11:00PM and Mimi and her granddaughter, KiKi, came with us. They are both registered Corgis. Like most dogs, they love to ride in the car.

I took my bath and came in here to wind down after my "adventure". At about 11:30PM, I decided to go on to bed. I was very tired.