Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning Day

I slept pretty well again last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I have had my breakfast and fed three cats. I need to check if they are still eating out there. If they are finished, I will bring the dishes over to the TV tray. I will go check that out. 

They were all gone but Blondie and he was still in the garage. I could not get him to come out until I raised the garage door again and then he ran out. He and Inky are out front here drinking water from their water dish. The pale yellow young cat was already gone.

I am watching the "weather on the 8's" now.  

I will be cleaning the apartment a little later. I mop and vacuum when the commercials are on.

It's supposed to be in the 50's this week.  I am ready for that although we have all of March before Spring. Sometimes we have even worse weather in March.

Blondie and Inky are both lying on the rubber mat outside my front door. They are the only ones that do that. I don't know why.  They aren't going to get to come in...that's for sure.  

More later... 

I got the apartment  mopped and vacuumed while the commercials were on. Now I am very tired. I will dust tomorrow. I have the laundry in the dryer now. Lugging that vacuum around is one thing but moving the dining room chairs out to vacuum under the table and the rug under them is another. It is almost more then I can do. For one thing, I am not supposed to lift more then 15 pounds and I am sure those chairs are heavier then 15 pounds. Oh well, the fun of getting old! When the CBS news goes off in 15 minutes, I think I will get back to one of my books while the laundry is drying.

It is another beautiful day...I shouldn't complain. It's 37 degrees right now. Today...this afternoon, my Schwan's order will come. I only have one frozen meal right now and that's what I ordinarily eat for lunch. It's not even 10:00AM yet so why am I thinking about lunch?

At lunch time I looked in the freezer and saw a meal Suzanne had brought me several weeks ago and I had eaten some of it and frozen the rest. I thawed it in the microwave and ate it with some crackers. 

Then I read awhile in my latest book on my Kindle. I took a letter to the post office. I sent Scott a receipt for my latest monthly donation to NPR and if they want they can take that small donation off their income tax. While I was out, I drove by Nancy's. Both Gina and Dale were there in both their vehicles. I don't know what that was about unless one of them is taking her to her hair appointment. I believe it is at 1:30PM and it's 1:08PM right now.

More later... 

I read all afternoon and finished the latest book. Then at 3:30PM, I went over t Nancy's and visited for a couple of hours. I came home and ate a banana. That was my supper. 

I called and left my name and telephone number with a man who fixes  clocks. Marilyn needs him to fix her grandfather clock and Nancy needs her grandfather clock fixed too. Bob is going to give me my grandmother's antique clock and I will see if that man can fix it too. I left my name and telephone number and Nancy's too with the woman who answered the call. It may be 6 months before he can get to them. 

I am watching the last of CBS news and will take my  bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or so.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Looks like you had a full day. I'm taking it easy today. I'm happy to say I had a good night's sleep. Yay!