Friday, August 13, 2021

Friday and No Dusting

I slept fairly well after I finally got to sleep. For some reason I was restless and my knees ached a little. Finally I got up and took a couple of Aleve and finally got to sleep. I was up shortly before 5:00AM and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast and coffee now.

I heard thunder awhile ago. Rain was not forecast until tomorrow and I had hoped to get the yard mowed this evening. That will not happen if it rains today. It's also forecast for Sunday and Wednesday next week.

I will go turn on the TV and see what the forecast is now on the "weather on the 8's".

I finally got the "weather on the 8's" and sure enough we have a 90% chance of rain today. There will be no mowing today or tomorrow. In fact, it is forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday too. At least I won't have to water anything myself.

The only cat that  showed up for breakfast was Scruff. She ate her fill and I brought in the cat food and put it in the garage.

I went out to the front yard and raked up the leaves on it. I took my black yard bag out to the curb and loaded all the raked leaves into it. I wore plastic gloves to do that. I couldn't lift the bag so I turned over my trash cart and pulled it into that cart and then sat the cart up and pulled it over to my garage.

I ordered some more string for my trimmer. I still have three spools but I don't want to run out.

It still isn't raining so I may be able to have the yard mowed after all. It depends on the rest of the day. It's11:04AM right now. The mail program wasn't working on the laptop computer so I had Cox Complete Care download a tech on it and he got it working. He also found my activation number for this laptop but advised me not to use it because Microsoft might download Windows 10 on it and as long as Windows 7 is working just fine, he advised me to keep it. He did have me copy it down...just in case.Windows 10 is usually a problem.

I will warm up the rest of the meal I bought at the grocery market yesterday for my lunch today. I will wait awhile to eat though.

I ate shortly before noon and then called the school and took my school supplies over there and rang the bell. They came and collected them.

I got my mail and got a couple of bills and got them ready to mail out. I will take them up to the mailbox near the post office in a little while. It's almost 1:06PM now, I want to get it up there before 3:00PM when they pick it up mail from that box.

The sun is out now and then. I am not sure whether to have the yard mowed this evening or not.  I did set the solar kitty out there to get some rays.

More later... 

I got my mail in the box in plenty of time. It's only 1:43PM 

It's 3:00PM  now and Krystal just left. Two of her girls are working at the Sonic now and the other is not feeling well. So Krystal worked at the Bartlesville post office full time and then after she got off work, she mowed my yard.  It thundered several times but she got it done and done nicely too. I really appreciated it. 

I swept up for her. I would have trimmed but the battery was down on my trimmer so it's on the charger now. 

I will read now. 

I read for awhile and then, at 6:20PM, I took my bath. It had been a hot and sweaty day...with raking leaves and trimming the yard until the battery went down. I will  finish that trimming and dust tomorrow. With all the yard work, I never did get to the dusting.

As soon as it begins to get dark, I need to bring in the solar kitty. I don't want it to get wet if it rains.

I will go back to my book until 9:00PM, when I plan to go to bed.