Thursday, August 12, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well last night  but woke up twice ..once to turn up the temperature and once to go to the bathroom. In fact, I slept until 6:00AM, an oddity for me. 

I am having my breakfast now and my coffee. In a little while I will go turn on the TV for the "weather on the 8's". Krystal's daughter wants to wait until Friday to mow  and I am hoping rain doesn't ruin that plan although I know the plants and flowers could use some good rain water instead of Caney's awful water.

It's 6:30AM now and I have just finished my breakfast and it's just now getting light out there. I should have got up earlier to see the meteor shower. I forgot about it until just now.

I will mop and vacuum the apartment today. That's my usual Thursday chore.

So more later...I want to go watch the weather.

According to the "weather on the 8's" we are forecast rain for both Saturday and Sunday and next Wednesday too. I hope Krystal's daughter can get the yard mowed before all that begins.

I got the flowers and the plants watered this morning. I deadheaded the flowerbed too.

It's 7:10AM and I am ready to begin to mop the bare floors.

I got the floors mopped and am ready to begin vacuuming as soon as a group of commercials begin. It's 7:40AM now.

It's 8:30AM now and I have finished vacuuming. I will dust after I rest awhile.

I cleaned up the hummingbird feeder and added more sugar water. I hope I got enough sugar in it. It's almost 9:00AM now. I must have because there is  a hummingbird drinking from it now.

More later....

I went to Dollar General to get refills for my two ball point pens and they didn't carry refills. I will have to get them at a Walmart the next time I am in a larger town.  Then I went to the Caney Market and bought bottled water, bananas  and lunch. It's a little early for lunch right now so I will have to warm it up in the microwave. It's only 10:54AM.

I ate my lunch at 11:30AM and read some more on my last book.

About midway through the afternoon, I went to the mailbox and mailed some bills off.

Then I watered the flowers and plants again since it was very hot and they were dry again. I ate a banana about 2:30PM and then I read some more until 4:30PM.

More later... 

I watched the CBS news and then went back to my reading. About 7:00PM, I finished my last book and took my bath. 

I looked out the front door and this is what I saw. It's 95 degrees out there but there is shade and there's fresh water out there too.

 May be an image of cat, dog and indoor 

This is the cat I call Blondie.  He is one of my neighbor's cats but he likes the shade of my doorway.

There's nothing I am interested in on TV so I will try to download another book or two or three. I like to get three at a time if possible. I brought the solar kitty in already.

At 9:00PM, I will go to bed.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The cat looks happy and content.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Now, that is a contented kitty.