Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Tuesday and a Failed Dental Appointment

I slept pretty well last night and woke up only once and got up and turned up the air conditioning. It was too cold in the bedroom. I was up shortly before 5:00AM and got myself ready for the day. I have my annual prophy and exam at 11:15AM this morning here in Caney. 

I am having my breakfast now and my coffee. It's almost 6:00AM now and I will go turn on the TV and watch the "weather on the 8's". I noticed last night they took the rain out of the weekend forecast. 

Only Scruff came for breakfast this morning. She ate her fill and I brought the food in. 

I then watered the plants and flowers. 

I  wanted to watch the "weather on the 8's"  but instead they showed the entire country. I am not interested in the entire country's weather. I wanted to know the immediate area's weather...the local weather. I watched through 2 different "8's" but they never showed any local weather.

It's 7:15AM now.  So more later... 

I have been going out while it's cool and picking up the leaves that blow over into my front yard. It's actually good exercise to bend over that way over and over again. And, it cleans up my yard. You can't beat that!  

I missed my dental appointment. The First Christian Church secretary called me and I had a hard time getting away from her. Finally I just  had to tell her I had a dental appointment and I was late for it. She apologized and I called to see if it was too late to come and the receptionist checked and said yes, it was too late  today... but they had a cancellation for tomorrow at 11:30. I told her I would make that one. I get my hair colored and cut tomorrow but my hair appointment is at 9:00AM so I will have time enough to get back to the dental appointment after that.

More later...

The secretary told me they are waiting until at least September 7th to start their dinners again because of the Delta variant and she will call me about our week. They will have another business meeting  before then and she will call me and tell me if they are ready to start them again.

May be an image of indoor 

This is the puzzle I finished this afternoon.  Then I went out to Eggbert's and had my usual once a week chicken salad and sweet iced tea.

I went out to the back yard and picked up another two dozen leaves that had blown into my back yard. More good exercise....It's 93 degrees now. 

So I will go read awhile now and stay in. Back later...

It's 6:23PM now and at 7:00PM, I will take my bath before I get back to my book. In the meantime, I ought to water the plants again.  I missed the CBS evening news. I thought I had recorded it but I didn't.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM as usual. 

It's nearly 9:00PM now and I am going on to bed. I have been reading for 2 1/2 hours and am tried.


No comments: