Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sunday and online Church

I slept well last night and only woke up once to go to the bathroom. I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I am eating my breakfast now and drinking my coffee. I will watch the "Beyond the Walls " church service at 11:00AM. It comes out of Ontario, Canada and is one of our own church services. It reaches all around the world and utilizes people in the service from all around the world too. I find it very interesting although I miss the fellowship of our own people in our congregation. I know the two who lead that service personally. For several years they managed and handled the membership funds for the John Whitmer Historical Association and I belonged to that organization for 30 years and I attended when the meetings were in Independence, Missouri, the headquarters for our church. John and Michael were very good organizing those meetings.

I always met Ron Dawbarn and his wife, Joyce, there every other year when the meetings were there. Ron and I organized the meetings and were in charge one year a few years before he died. He had a very bad heart and that is what took him. Joyce was a few years older then he and I lost track of her after he died. I spent seven years working with him on a book he was writing on the origins of our church. I scanned documents for him. I don't know if he ever got it finished before he died. He was a very interesting person.

I got my breakfast finished and my dishes washed. I will go watch "the weather om the 8's" now and get back to this later. It's 6:35AM.

I looked out and it appears it rained last night.  I don't even think it was forecast. And Scruff was ehe only cat out there and I fed her.

More later..

According to the "weather on the 8's" we are supposed to get rain today too. It hasn't happened yet but it's forecast.

I am watching the Sunday morning Jane Pauly news now and also Face the Nation. 

I was going to set the solar kitty out there but the hummingbirds are still out there having sugar water. 

I finally got my flowers watered. I checked and they were dry after this hot morning so I watered them all. 

The worship service will be on in 10 Minutes. The site is counting down now.

 I watched the worship service and as usual, it was good. 

I had my leftovers from yesterday's meal for my lunch.Then I watched a couple of programs I had recorded this morning and then I began working on my latest puzzle. It's a doozy!

I heard from Krystal this afternoon. One of the girls will mow for me this week. I told her I had been praying for them because I know how important family is. She agreed. She said it would work out with time and she agreed family is very important. I told her I would continue to pray for them and she thanked me. 

It's 4:25PM now. In a little while I will read until time for the CBS news and then 60 Minutes. I think another pro golf game is going on now. There may not be a CBS news because of that. But there will be a 60 Minutes. I always watch that.

In a little while I will have my banana. I watched the 60 Minutes program and then played Free cell for awhile.

I went out front to water the flowers and noticed a lot of leaves back on my front yard. I got a plastic bag and picked them up again.

Then at 7:00PM, I took my bath. 

I read until 8:30PM and while I was charging the battery on my Kindle...again, I came in here to work on the blog before I go to bed at 9:00PM. It's dark out now and 8:45PM. It won't be long until I go on to bed. 

 


No comments: