Thursday, May 19, 2022

Thursday and A Guest Here for Another Day

I slept well...even on the trundle to my daybed. In fact, I didn't get up until 6:00AM, which is almost unheard of for me. I am very rested. Dean is still in bed asleep. He told me yesterday evening that he often sleeps in until 11:30AM. I am just blogging and having some coffee this morning. I will wait until he finally gets up to decide what to fix or if to fix anything. He is always bound and determined that these little visits will be a "vacation" for me too and we will have our meals "out" while he is here.

I humor him since I only see him for three days every year. He will want to go out to the farm that he leases out to check on the tenants....probably today. He wants to go to Bartlesville for dinner today....maybe lunch instead. I personally prefer to have my heavier meal in the middle of the day and something light, if anything much for supper. Sometimes I just have a banana for supper. I will wait until he finally gets up and let him decide.

It's after 7:00AM and I had better go check on the cats and watch the weather.

So, more later ...

I caught the weather forecast and also fed both cats. 

The weather is not going to be great for Dean's visit. Today is to be 88 degrees and AM thunderstorms are forecast, Friday the forecast is for 84 degrees and thunderstorms and wind, Saturday the forecast is for 61 degrees and thunderstorms. Sunday is to be 67 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 66 degrees  and showers, Tuesday is to be 67 degrees and showers, and Wednesday is to be 74 degrees and AM showers. Not a good forecast at all. Lots of rain!

We will make the best of it. 

The cats both ate their fill and left. I will take the cat food back in the garage and cover it.

Dean is still sleeping. He told me earlier that he usually sleeps late. It's almost 9:00AM now and I have been reading. I downloaded another three books. It's raining out and it appears rain is in the forecast for most of the week. 

Dean got up about noon and we visited for awhile and decided to go to lunch at Dink's in Bartlesville. We had a great lunch and then decided to drive around Bartlesville.  He stopped at Walmart there and filled his van up with gas. Then we came on back to Caney.

So more even later... 

At supper time, I warmed up the leftover half sandwiches and fries we had left over from Dink's bar B Q at noon and we had an ice cream bar for dessert. 

Then we watched TV until bath time and I took my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and we shared some more stories. At 9:30, I went on to bed. Dean stayed up a little while later and watched the rest of the TV program he was watching before he went on to bed. It had been a big day.

Tomorrow we will go over to Coffeyville so he can look over the old home town. He decided not to drive out to the farm this time after all.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Enjoy eating out and getting out and about.

Scott said...

Mom: That is great that dean holt after alll these years is still around and friends with you! My word what memories “Dean the Diver” at State Lake.