Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sunday and Church

I was up shortly before 5:00AM this morning but I had a good night's sleep.  I read until almost 10:00PM last night. That may have helped. 

I made my bed, dressed and got myself ready for the day. The last I saw, it was supposed to rain today. I don't know whether that is still in the forecast. Melissa wanted to have the service outside and we were supposed to bring our lawn chairs. I will check "the weather on the 8's" in a little bit. I will also check on the cats while I am at it. It's only 5:45AM now.

I am having my breakfast out here in the den as usual.

I have finished my breakfast and so I will go check the weather out....and the cats. 

Scruff was out there but no sign of Blondie. I fed her and when she finished, I took the cat food back into the garage and covered it again.  

Just now, she came back...still hungry so I brought the food out again and she ate some more.

A third time Scruff came back to eat some more, After I took the food in the garage again I decided not to take it back out again until evening.

I have been watching ":Good Morning America" and see where Buffalo New York had a mass shooting yesterday at a supermarket Ten black people were killed by an 18 years old with a gun who was wearing body armor himself. It was a hate crime.The people were black and the 18 year old was from a different community and was white but he targeted a black community's grocery store. His social media site was full of hate for black people. What a mess!  The country is teeming with white supremacists and they are raising white supremacist kids . It's a tragedy!

More later... 

Melissa is still planning on having the church service outside. I sent her the forecast and she said the rain may not start until afternoon. That may be so but the grass is wet now. I changed into some tan jeans rather then wear my good dress pants today.

I sweep my walk and drive every day but every once in awhile I do my neighbor's too. I went out while it was still not raining and swept off both the walks and drives. I know it won't last but it looks good for now anyhow.

I will leave for church about 9:30AM.  It;s 8:11AM now.

It's almost 9:30AM and I guess  I will go on over to church.  only hope it doesn't hail on me...and my car. 

I went on to Coffeyville and went out to the Woodshed to get gas. After that, I went on out to the church. It began raining before I got there and so we had the service inside the church after all. I did a little cleaning and emptied the trash. I came on home after church. I was afraid it would hail and I didn't want my car dented with hail. Rick and Carmen went on to Just Us for dinner.I came home and had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch later, I also had a Schwan's ice cream bar for dessert.

Then I read all afternoon and finished another book. Now the Kindle needs to be charged again. It is 4:40PM and so far no bad storm has occurred. In fact, the sun is beginning to come out again.

I had an e-mail from my classmate, Dean. He still plans to come on Wednesday and stay three days. I think he will go home on Saturday. Rod, his son, is not feeling well and if he isn't feeling better, Dean may have to cancel his trip here. I would certainly understand.

More even later.... 

It is 7:15PM now and I have had my bath and am in my pajamas and will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

It hailed here this afternoon.