Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Tuesday and Thunderstorms

I slept very well last night. I didn't wake up even once. I was up at my usual 5:00AM but feeling very rested. I have made my bed and have myself ready for the day. I have the TV on even though the rain is really coming down. I think it's supposed to rain until 9:00AM but I will check "the weather on the 8's" as soon as it comes on. It's 5:44AM now so that may be another 4 minutes. I will check. I don't think the cats will be out in this mess.

Be back later.... 

I got in there just in time to catch the weather forecast. Today is to be 84 degrees and isolated thunderstorms (not so isolated since they are raining down now) tomorrow (Wednesday) 89 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday 89 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday 86 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Saturday 62 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 71 degrees and mostly sunny and Monday 69 degrees and showers. That's the week's forecast.

I hope Dean doesn't encounter rain coming down tomorrow.

It's 5:55AM now.    More even later....

I have been watching the CBS news and it seems like all the news is bad. Besides the supermarket killings, it's all about the Ukrainian/Russian war.  I am so afraid we are going to get even more involved with another country's war. 

First it was Korea and then Vietnam and even later Afghanistan and Iraq.  We can't solve all the world's problems...my goodness,we can't even solve our own! The world is deteriorating terribly with violence and racism and more.  There are a lot of good people in the United States but sometimes I feel there are a lot more problem people then there ever before since the days of slavery.

I have been watching "Lucky Dog", a program I recorded yesterday morning. I liked the other trainer better then this one but they evidently wanted a trainer with a wife and this one has one. 

I noticed when the rain stopped that Stephen had put my trash container out when he put his out. I usually put mine and his out but I forgot about it this morning...but he didn't. That was considerate of him.

More even later ...I will go read now.

I read until I finished  another book. Then Melissa and Leslie made some dinner plans for Sunday's dinner celebrating the fact that Leeann's second oldest son, Matthew, has  graduated from high school and we are having a dinner after church on Sunday to commemorate that event. I was going to bring coleslaw and a pie but since Leslie has had a cake made at the bakery in Independence and instead wanted me to find some Louisiana gallon sized tea bags.  I went to our market and they had nothing that large...only single tea bags, so I drove to Independence where there were two larger markets and tried to find the larger tea bags there but neither of them had gallon size. So I drove down to Coffeyville to check out Country Mart there and the largest they had were Family size. I called Leslie to ask if that would do and learned that was the size she meant me to buy. So I bought a box. I will fix my coleslaw Saturday after Dean leaves.

While I was in Coffeyville this afternoon, I went to the bank to get my hairdo money for tomorrow. The bank is right across the street from Country Mart where I found the tea. So it was not further out of my way.

Toni, my hairdresser, texted me this evening to ask if I could come early in the morning at 8:30AM for my hair appointment. I can manage that and can get back home earlier that way and have my lunch before Dean comes in the early afternoon.

Both cats came for supper this evening. They must have been very hungry because they ate a lot.

It is 7:25PM and I think I will take my bath now and get ready for bed and then read again until bedtime.. 

I took my bath and have put my pajamas on. Now I will read again until I get sleepy and have to go to bed..


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Weekend sounds nice and cool. Hope you have a good day.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you! You too!!