Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Wednesday and A Hair Appointment

I slept fine for most of the night, but I woke up sometime before 400AM and could not get back to sleep. I wanted to change the sheets on the bed today anyhow so I just got up and stripped the bed and put last week's sheets in the washer. They are in the dryer now. At least there are clean sheets on the bed for Dean. He should be here sometime this afternoon if his doctor's appointment went alright. The sheets on the trundle should be fine, I only use it when I have company. 

It's nearly 5:00AM now and I will wait awhile before I go check the weather forecast and the cats. They are usually out there by 6:00AM. I am having my breakfast here in the den as usual.

I will be leaving here for my hair appointment at 8:00AM since Toni wanted me to come at 8:30AM this morning. While I was thinking of it, I took that big pitcher Karan put my tea in when she gave me the leftover tea after the last dinner and I put it in my car. I believe it goes to the church's tea maker. They will need it Sunday for the dinner. It's just now 5:11AM.This might be a good time to check the weather forecast again.

Today is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 89 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday 85 degrees and thunderstorms and rain, Saturday 60 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Sunday 68 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday 67 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, and Tuesday 72 degrees and showers. I think that's different from yesterday's forecast. But this is Kansas and we can expect changes in the forecast...and the weather.

More later... I checked and it was too early for the cats.

I think I will go check out the news now. 

It was about 6:30AM before the cats showed up for their breakfast. They ate and then I put away the food in the garage as usual. It's 6:58AM now and I will go in the living room for the 7:00AM news. 

I left for Coffeyville about 7:45AM and had enough time to go to Sonic there and get a cherry limeade slush. I left that in the car while I got my hair done.

After that, I went out to Walmart to get a few things I could not get here. Then I came on back home. Dean had not come yet and that was good. He said it would be afternoon and it probably will be.

I did hear from him by e-mail and the doctor did not order any tests.

If he isn't here by lunchtime, I will eat the rest of the food I got from the deli yesterday. If he is, I may make some Broccoli Cheddar soup.  I have the ingredients. It's only 10:43AM now though so I have plenty of time.

More even later...

Dean called about 2:00PM. He was just leaving Topeka at that time. He should be here by 4:30PM.He said it was a 2 1/2 hour drive. He wanted me to decide where to eat supper. If he wants to eat locally, it would be Eggbert's. If he wants to eat in Bartlesville, I would suggest either the new Italian place, Luege's or Dink's, the bar B.Q. place. 

It's after 5:00 now and Dean must have left home later then he planned Almost 5:20PM now so it won't be long until Dean is here. If it takes just 2 1/2 hours to drive it, he might be here in 30 minutes or so.

So,more later... 

He got a later start then he planned and so it was after 6:00PM when he finally got here. He had not eaten lunch so he was hungry. I hadn't had anything since those leftovers at lunch time so we went out to Eggbert's and had breakfast. You know Eggbert's serves breakfast any time. 

We had a nice visit over the meal and came back home and I helpedhim bring in his luggage and we visited some more until time to go to bed. It was too late to take a bath so I just pulled the trundle out from under the daybed and he went on to bed in my freshly changed bed and I went on to bed on the trundle. 

It is so nice to visit with someone I have known since high school. We graduated in 1953.

 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you are having company.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. We have so much to share!

Scott said...

I never sleep well...I was up again at 2:00am tonight “Friday”. Ginger and I finally got enough water and rehydrated. We are having our home painted this week..the direct sun beating on it is hurting the wood. Anyway...I am getting about 6 hours sleep best every night.