Sunday, August 14, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept well last night and was only up once in the night and then got right back to sleep. I made my bed and got myself ready for church. I have made my breakfast and am here in the den eating it. 

I tore a contact getting them in this morning.I hadn't changed them in several months so I still had a couple. They seem a lot clearer. I must have needed to use new ones....at least that one.I have one new one left. I never throw the old ones away as long as they are in good shape. I just put them in a case and put fresh disinfecting liquid in with them. In case of an emergency, I will have some to use. They are very expensive from Dr. Dobbins. Roger was much less expensive. Unfortunately he retired and moved to Phoenix. He was the one that got my lazy eye to work. When I was in my 40's  he put a real strong contact in it and within a week, it was working with 20/30 vision. I had worn a patch over my good eye for a year when I was 5 years old but that never got it to work then. It took me a while to get used to having depth perception.

Karan speaks at church today. She is quite good. I wrote mine several weeks ago when Leslie scheduled us and have not spent a lot of time on it since. I speak next week and I will need to work on it again this week.  There are four of us that do the sermons at church. We are all elders and we took courses by mail from our seminary in Lamona, Iowa, years ago. So we are all certified by our church. I was the only one that got the advanced certification at that time. I enjoyed the courses and had the time and interest to do it.

Karan had a good sermon today. It usually is!

More later...I have better check on the cats. Scruff came last night for her supper. I didn't see Blondie then. He must have been in the house of his owners. He is not feral.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" too. As usual, it has changed. Today will be 104 degrees and sunny, Monday is also forecast for 104 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday's forecast is for 102 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Wednesday's is for 80 degrees and AM showers and Thursday's is for 89 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is for 92 degrees and mostly sunny, and Saturday's is for 92 degrees and partly cloudy. 

A lot of change.

I am going on to church now. It's 9:30AM  and I want to be sure there are no bugs that climbed under the door. If there are, I will sweep them up.

There were some bugs in the  hall but nowhere near as many as usual. Thursday's cleaning must have helped a lot.  

More later after lunch.....

Phyllis and I went to Just Us, as usual, for lunch after church.

We had just a few at church today. I will send those who were not there a letter and a copy of the bulletin with the announcements and the prayer list.

More later after I finish the letters.

I got the letters with the bulletins out on the mailbox for the mailman to pick up tomorrow.  I hope the contacts help. 

It's almost 6:00PM  and I am waiting for the Mission Center's Zoom to come on for the evening's worship service.  

It just started.. 

The Mission Center service was very good. Ted's son gave a very good  sermon. 

It's almost 7:00PM and I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and my robe and then read some more on my latest book before going to bed at 9:00PM. 

Krystal came about 7:30PM  and mowed the yard. It was a lot of leaves too from the west side and the front. It's 8:50PM now and she just left. I swept up the leaves just off the curb into piles and she swept them up into the dust pan too and put them in the black yard bag. Then she put that bag in the trash container. I will set it out on Tuesday...maybe even Monday afternoon since I'm never quite sure how early on Tuesday the trash men come by. It's 9:00PM now and I am going to bed. The Kindle is back on charging again now so I couldn't read.

No comments: